Daily takes in derivative segement

Today the US markets have closed low on the inability of Lehman brothers to prove financial soundness .... and with Lehman losing around 40 percent of the value the US indices (S&P , Dow) closed in the range of -2.3 to -3.0. This will surely have effect on Indian markets. So I see the market opening with a negative gap.

In derivative segment "the calls" will be initially hit so the days low will be in first 3 hrs of trading but by end of the day the calls will recover a bit , ending on with a negative %ge change ..
Puts will rise initially and then come down a little but closing with a good positive %ge change.

In the long term Indian market doesn't seem that bad in outlook . Inflation pressure easing, natural disasters over, oil remaining around 100$ per barrel.

My other friends are also requested to post their takes ...so that we can gain from their insight and we all can help each other be a better investor and trader....amen

praveen taneja

U can b right bro but how can b u so sure that after three hour mkt will surely bounce,there are resistense n support which hav to b seen not the clock .........

pkamalesh

i think tomorrow will be a fairly good day for the markets keeping in mind the US markets positive trend today(though not much).The Indian ADR's are fairly good in the US markets...so if asia is doin marginally good we can expect a few points gap up opening tomorrow.I feeel the consolidation is over(2 days) as has been the case for this week.But i believe that the markes will test the 4650 nifty levels in this or the coming week atleast.Lets hope we can carry on upto 4700 before the bears wake up.

Good night dudes

take care and kep posting your views

Kamalesh