daily spot price history for Gold

I think the Gold is not a secure investment asset,because the Gold price is fluctuating unpredictably.In November 2012 Gold Price History In India breaks its record to 24240.Just after six month the Gold price downed to 19650.What fluctuation in the rate of Gold.So how can we trust in Gold Investment.

I think the Gold is not a secure investment asset,because the Gold price is fluctuating unpredictably.In November 2012 Gold Price History In India breaks its record to 24240.Just after six month the Gold price downed to 19650.What fluctuation in the rate of Gold.So how can we trust in Gold Investment.
I agree that Gold is no longer as valuable a commodity as it was once believed to be. In my opinion, the reason why gold even has any value is because of its history not necessarily value. Gold is not as wide a currency as paper money. Plus, with the introduction of so many securities and investment products, gold is no longer the thing to have.
http://www.quandl.com/BUNDESBANK-Bundesbank/BBK01_WT5511-Gold-Price-USD
As seen, gold has dropped in value. Hence, I am not investing in gold. I'd rather invest in silver as it seems to be the next best thing.