Crude Trading to Earn 100 % in a Year

Hello Friends

After Watching Charts and Learning some technical I prepared my self a trading strategy. I forward tested this strategy for 3 months and get good returns. I decided to start trading this strategy from today. My goal is to earn 100 % returns per year. I regularly update this thread with my trades to track my progress and I am expecting some suggestions from seniors to improve my trading.

My Trading Rules :

1. Trading Instrument : Crude Oil Current Month Future in MCX.

2. Position Size : 100 Barrels per 100000 ₹ Capital.

3. Type of Trading : Intraday.

4. Time of Trading : 13:00 to 23:00.

5. Tools : 5 Minute Candle Chart with EMA 10 & EMA 40.

6. Enter trade on Signal Side after completion of 13:00 Candle using SL order by breaching recent Pivot with 3 to 6 ticks filter.

7. Keep Stop @ Entry +/- Half ATR (14) of daily Candle Chart.

8. Reverse the position if reverse crossover occur and breaching recent pivot with 3 to 6 ticks filter.

9. Do not enter any fresh position after 21:00.

10. Do not enter any fresh position 1 hour before inventory report and after for that day.

11. Move the Stop to Recent pivot after 21:00.

12: Close the Position @ 23:00.

Hope this Strategy will give me positive returns.

My First Trade closed in Loss

Entered Long Position @ 3221 With Stop @ 3185.

Closed the Long Position @ 3189.

Loss Booked 3200 + 100 ( Brokerage ) = 3300 ₹

Returns : - 3.3 %

Max Draw Down till date : 3.3 %

Update : Entered the Short Position @ 3189 with Stop @ 3225.

Nikhil Dogra

Why not use crude oil mini 10 lots (10 mini lots is equivalent to 1 big crude oil lot) ? Any rule for profit target like 1.5 or 2 ATR of Daily 14 Bar ATR ? Perhaps scale in/scale out will give you more opportunity to improve your costing as well as overall flexibility.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Why not use crude oil mini 10 lots (10 mini lots is equivalent to 1 big crude oil lot) ? Any rule for profit target like 1.5 or 2 ATR of Daily 14 Bar ATR ? Perhaps scale in/scale out will give you more opportunity to improve your costing as well as overall flexibility.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the suggestion my friend.

I am in initial stages of learning. First I decided to improve my discipline to follow the Trading strategy. After achieving that I will focus more to improve my trading strategy.

primitivetrader

as per you what are the gaps between your backtesing and real time trading. due to which you are having losses

as per you what are the gaps between your backtesing and real time trading. due to which you are having losses
I did not understood What do you really mean. Pardon me for that.

In my forward testing for 3 months I get around 120 points draw down which may be around 12 % as per my position size and got returns 300 points which is around 30 %.

I mentally prepared to face up to 40 % draw down in this strategy.

I basically trying to discipline my mind to do trading based on rules.

3rd Trade too went into loss.

Closed the Long trade @ 3209

Loss : 2200 + 100 (Brokerage) = 2300 ₹

Returns : - 7.7 %

Draw down : 7.7 %

Entered short position @ 3209 with stop @ 3245

Tension started in mind. As usual Mind started telling quit it.

But I am motivating myself to trade the system. Hope I will get succeed in following system.

Last edited: