Crude Oil Trading

I want to trade Crude but facing some issues as am used to trading equities from 9.15 to 3.10
Crude is traded globally and we trade on MCX as per Indian timings. When we are closed trades happen all over the world and data is generated. So how do you guys handle the data generated when our market is closed? Do you consider that data for your analysis ( no matter what analysis style you use) or do you just consider MCX chart?
If you use the data apart from MCX how do you use it as it would be not in Rupees?
Also, when other important markets are not trading, trades happen in MCX and so how much importance do you give to that data? Or again, do you guys just trade MCX chart?

Last edited:
Hello everyone, a very informative thread. I have been trading Equity Futures since 2014 via Sharekhan. I am now thinking about venturing into Crude Oil trading. I am a technical trader and need charts,should I open a commodities brokerage account with Sharekhan? Or any other broker with a better platform and charts?

Crude oil offers high liquidity and excellent opportunities to profit in nearly all market conditions due to its unique standing within the world's economic and political systems

Hello everyone, a very informative thread. I have been trading Equity Futures since 2014 via Sharekhan. I am now thinking about venturing into Crude Oil trading. I am a technical trader and need charts,should I open a commodities brokerage account with Sharekhan? Or any other broker with a better platform and charts?
All trading platforms in India are the same nothing innovative, don't bother changing your broker unless you are getting discounted on the brokerage (even discounts are not decision point if you are not into day trading)

Coming to the platform part use trafingview, investing.com or go with good old mt4

pannet1

I want to trade Crude but facing some issues as am used to trading equities from 9.15 to 3.10
Crude is traded globally and we trade on MCX as per Indian timings. When we are closed trades happen all over the world and data is generated. So how do you guys handle the data generated when our market is closed? Do you consider that data for your analysis ( no matter what analysis style you use) or do you just consider MCX chart?
If you use the data apart from MCX how do you use it as it would be not in Rupees?
Also, when other important markets are not trading, trades happen in MCX and so how much importance do you give to that data? Or again, do you guys just trade MCX chart?
master trader looks at usd chart and trades indian market ...if at all he have to look at the chart.
US chart are available in GCI Metatrader 4.

1534846431747.png

positions so far.
just watching in awe how the master trader is going to trade this green by the EOD or tomorrow.

pannet1

master trader looks at usd chart and trades indian market ...if at all he have to look at the chart.
US chart are available in GCI Metatrader 4.

View attachment 27677

positions so far.
just watching in awe how the master trader is going to trade this green by the EOD or tomorrow.

and now

1534861678674.png