Criteria for buying a stock...

Hi,
Whether day trading or position or swing trading,how does one chose a stock?

Is it based on the daily heat map or pivot levels or specific fundamental/ technical parameters or just plain 'sentiment"?

One must be having pretty good experiences trading long and also reasonable success with a few methods!

Can one highlight them for the avid member of traderji?

earthy8

veluri1967

Hi,
Whether day trading or position or swing trading,how does one chose a stock?

Is it based on the daily heat map or pivot levels or specific fundamental/ technical parameters or just plain 'sentiment"?

One must be having pretty good experiences trading long and also reasonable success with a few methods!

Can one highlight them for the avid member of traderji?

earthy8
It depends on ones comfort levels. For example, though I am interested in day trading, my full time employment does not permit me to day trade. Hence, I can trade only swing or positional. Even Swing is not suitable for me because Swing trading requires to be both Short or Long in shares. Thatz possible only when you trade in futures or options. I donot have that much funds to trade F & O. Only option left for me is to trade Cash segment. I can trade only bullish trends. I go on sidelines when market is sideways or bearish. Thus my duration of participation in market is limited to bullish trends. Thatz how I go about trading stocks suitable to my comfort level.

Hence, I suggest you to find your comfort levels, trading goals, time constraints etc. Once you are clear of these things, next comes what to trade.

There are numerous ways of picking stocks based on fundamental analysis, technical analysis, random picks etc. For day trading/swing trading, technical analysis is the best. For positional trading, fundamental coupled with technical analysis is good. If you can gauge sentiment of market that could prove to be a bonus.

All the best.