Cooling Pad for Laptop

Since last 2-3 days, I am facing heat problem in my laptop.
So want to know is it a good idea to use cooling pad.

Is anyone using cooling pad for laptop.
Which one (make or brand) you are using.
How is the performance.
Is it useful.
I want details/a review on it.
Thanks

maneverfix

May be BO/ BD from CP is causing excessive heat in lappy ;)

May be BO/ BD from CP is causing excessive heat in lappy ;)
ha ha ha
Yes, but, it is causing excessive heat because of BO (and not BD), I think, as this problem cropped up in last 2 days only. While during BD, it was working fine.
And I am afraid the problem may not escalate in this week. :)
I hope you understand, what I want to say :D

How is the performance.
Is it useful.
Thanks
Sir,I used it.Its not helpful at all.
Its the dust or some hardware prob makes lappy to heat more.Pls get it that fixed instead of using cooling pad.
In my case,some condenser/circuit prob was there on motherboard so it was heating a lot.I used cooling pad but it didnt solve.
I ended up repairing motherboard and it took 12 days as genuine technician are not available on the time.

So,cooling pad is complete waste of money.

newtrader101

How is the performance.
Is it useful.
Thanks
If it is a new model laptop, it will be using a cooling paste. Mine had this problem and the technician reapplied cooling paste. It was last year. it is now heating up again. There is no fan inside nowadays.

If it is a new model laptop, it will be using a cooling paste. Mine had this problem and the technician reapplied cooling paste. It was last year. it is now heating up again. There is no fan inside nowadays.
This one is an old one, some 6 years old. This model has a fan, I got it changed, some 2 years back, for some 2K. And I am not willing to spend this much for this old lappy now. I have a plan to go for a new one, but not at this moment, so looking for some other alternative, for this summer season.
Though I have one more lappy that is 3 years old, (using side by side) and so bit reluctant to spend on repairing and spares. (I have already spend some 6k (may be more, do not remember exactly) in last 1 year for one or other problem, screen changed, RAM changed, hinges etc etc)