Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't impressed with HDFC Securities and their trading platform. Found it very basic and unimaginative. Also inconvenient regarding fund allocation.

Uday.

hmp

beware of indiabulls. they ll not demat ur shares but ll give u lot of excuses. allso they r prompt in taking cheques from u. if they due any money yo u then they ll come out with hidden charges + excuses but not give u single paisa.there service is poor.

Don't even look at Kotakstreet.com Otherwise U would be regreted. They are prompt in taking money by cheque, DD, Netbanking etc. but remit only thr' netbanking. They say we have paperless transaction. They charge Rs. 49 pm for physical copy of contact notes. Their system has some glitches. Their website password has to be changed every month. If u log in at the site after more than a month and accidentally enter previous password three times, site get locked. Even after resetting password your old password does not work. U have to contact custemercare and take new password.
In trading side, they dont offer many scrips (almost 40% of NSE scrips) for online trading, U have to put order by telephone only ( which is not free service). Also for most of the scrips they block 100% margin. Their DP charges are high. Their DP cannot be used for selling scrip at other broker as they dont accept Market Transefer request in favour of any broker other than Kotak.
One more thing, if U open value a/c they charge 0.36% brokarage for delivary, but at the end of month if ur vol is less than 20lakh, they charge brokarage according to slab i.e. 0.55%. The differential brokarage is reverted to kotak ( may be arround 2000pm).
If anyone needs clarification I am happy to give other details as I was trading at Kotak for almost 1yr.

sh50 said:
That's a pleasent surprise, Uday. Maybe things have improved lately because I have read about ICICI being castigated at many yahoo forums. What is the minimum broadband they demand just for my knowledge?Thanks.
Oh! Oh! sh50 & Uday,

Looks like I've something to say again (albeit after an eon perhaps):-

ICICI,ICICI, ICICI, that's all there's to it,
I've been with them since '01 & hate them not a bit;
Said it before in this forum & am saying it again,
don't go lookin' for the moon, you'll only end up in pain.

I'm no agent, no broker, no solicitor & no tout,
ICICI is India's No.2 bank & a broker with a lotta clout;
Never mind the Yahoos, the critics & the rest,
Uday, you're bang-on that ICICI has passed the test. :)

Why dilly-dally or rave & rant or things you would'nt normally do,
when ICICI could very well just as easily do it all for you?
Their 3-1 account is tailor-made for those who want it done,
the banking, the trading & the de-mat all in one.

sh50

Good, Jaideep. Good to see you back in form, man.

Though we may be poetic pals, on this I have a different view
I feel that they have taken much more than what they can chew
As it is really good service providers in India are few
When ppl crib about customer service, the retort is "What's new"
As far as ICICI is concerned, anything would be better in lieu
I am not a "whistle blower" though there have been many times I could blew
I don't have a clue
As to what makes you stick to them as glue
They have given me many reasons to be blue
Let pple decide for themselves whether from me or you they take the cue
Rather than ICICI I would rather "I see I see you."

I do hope we meet someday. I have read too many negative posts on ICICI to even attempt day trading though being a joint family we have 10 acounts with them. Half their passwords were not working and I just gave up. Their statements never arrive on time and in many ways the old nationalised bank is much faster despite fancy infrastructure. On the positive side the staff is courteous, the ambience good. Maybe we have too many accounts. I also find the best financial package inconenient though accurate in certain respects. As for never mind the yahoos, in some repects they are far more vibrant and I think everybody's views should be respected. I must have seen at least 5-6 posts and one of them had the heading( ICICI customer please help). Even I could have said never mind Uday's views but everybody has different expeiences.

Knowing you, you may deem that I am being cynical
But I am not being whimsical
Their poor service has been regular not cyclical
Which in India is typical
That deficit should be national obsession not a deficit by the name "Fiscal"

I do not understand why they cannot allow a guy to see another family member's account on power of attorney when normally one can even operate the account. Its an unecxcusable, stupid bureaucratic govt like attitude. Infrastructure without common sense is like good technicals without fundamentals bound to collapse. Its like saying that you can take cash from my safe but I will not let you know the balance. I would also add that this kind of an attitude invokes non vegetarian repartee which one of my bosses was adept at in solving inter personal conflicts. I will spare you that because of the ladies.

Last edited:
tanewbie said:
Hi Sunandoghosh

what data you want and for which companies? I mean EOD or intraday data?
maybe I can help you.
i think EOD stands for end of day ...if yes i wanted yes EOD for few months of some blue chip companies to study...

i think bseindia and nseindia are the only two possible sources for EASY FREE SIMPLE access to data for a new bie like me in share trading...........

i think (speacially considering i can spare 1 to 2 hrs daily) metadata and many other softwares (which probably people use and i have just heard name of) are too tough or technical...

plz reply with ur valuable comments and suggestions...and what shouLd be best approach for data analysis by a newbie like me which is a bit feasible...

I MEAN I HAVE NEVER ANALYSED DATA

thanks and best regards,

:)

P.S. I THINK TRADERJI SHOULD NOW ENABLE INSTANT EMAIL NOTIFICATION AND PROFILE SIGNATURE FEATURES ON...just a humble suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.