Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have both ICICI Direct and Sharekhan.Com and I find Sharekhan is faster. The only problem is that Sharekhan does not trade in BSE stocks and I hear that they shall shortly start in a month's time. The problem in ICICI Direct is it takes a very long time to open and if you want to sell in a falling market or a panic selling, then you can forget it. It is never going to materialise.

mohandee said:
I have both ICICI Direct and Sharekhan.Com and I find Sharekhan is faster. The only problem is that Sharekhan does not trade in BSE stocks and I hear that they shall shortly start in a month's time. The problem in ICICI Direct is it takes a very long time to open and if you want to sell in a falling market or a panic selling, then you can forget it. It is never going to materialise.
I wish to move to sharekhan too. Mohandee, which sharekhan account do you have? The regular account or the speed trade account.

Also can you tell me the difference between the two?

Thanks.

mohandee said:
Hi that adds to my confidence as i took sharekhan classic...kit will arrive next week...as far as bse stock goes they said its going to start from 10th of may...(dont know how truthful it is)...

by the way which account u r using classic, speedtrade or speedtrade plus.

i have taken calssic... :p

I have formerly used 5paisa and i am now using sharekhan and fortis ( promoted by Ranbaxy) and both have their own set of advantages.

Speedtrade provides the best TA tools ( compared to other brokers, not compared to metastock and the likes), as i do not hve real time data , thus without speed trade i feel like a blind man without his stick.

if one has real time data , then I would suggest Fortis, very competitive brokerage
supports, nse, bse , comm and decent software to work with, no volume commitments.

TG

if one has real time data , then I would suggest Fortis, very competitive brokerage supports, nse, bse , comm and decent software to work with, no volume commitment
heard for the first time; unable to find website; would be great if u can point to their website name...

:p well friends, got an email from sharekhan mumbai stating my account number and client ID for classic account...

the kit they say (with password) will arrive in next 2-3 days :p

will keep u updated thanks

sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com :D

Just for your referance indiabulls software takes 30Sec delay in order confirmation where as 5 paisa takes around 2 second for confirmation

hi sunandoghosh
i am using icici direct india bulls & geogit. at the time of registration in Azadi a/c of geogit recently they said they waive off demat &other charges etc etc but afterwards they say it cannot be done
i find India Bulls very easy to use & it works on java . it is very fast & offers competetive brokerages not like icici where at the time of atmost importance ,great events their server has some problems & if u call nearly 5-10 minutes goes off (if u r lucky)
so i advice Indiabulls to other services
beda

Hi Guys,

Saw lots of discussion related to a few of the online broking firms. Did any of you try out Motilal Oswal ? From what they say, it seems good: fast/low brokerage/auto refresh with almost instant data and a good software. If anyone has, let us know. I am also going to get a demo from them, next week.

Any news about investmart starting up ? Someone mentioned about May.

~Rohit

Just for your referance indiabulls software takes 30Sec delay in order confirmation where as 5 paisa takes around 2 second for confirmation
:confused:

Hi beda

at the time of registration in Azadi a/c of geogit recently they said they waive off demat &other charges etc etc but afterwards they say it cannot be done
very unfortunate but cannot help...

i find India Bulls very easy to use & it works on java . it is very fast & offers competetive brokerages not like icici where at the time of atmost importance ,great events their server has some problems & if u call nearly 5-10 minutes goes off (if u r lucky) so i advice Indiabulls to other services
yes the only reason i went for sharekhan vis a vis indiabulls was in sharekhan there is no need to pay for any software as such intially...icici is no doubt outright discarded...and yes sharekhan also uses java based even in classic account which i subscribed...

thanks

sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com

Status
Not open for further replies.