Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i have 1 more point...in icicidirect...u have it integrated with ur banking accnt..so that u can immediately modify the fund allocation for ur share trading n get started...is such a facility available in indiabulls? also ask them if they (indiabulls) introducing their support to bse too ?
I have icicidirect ..its little slow...but doesnt matter if u r not a day trader...

Lal

Hi,

I use HDFC Securities. The site is not that well made but it suits my purpose. The reason why i decided to go in for HDFC is because i have a bank account with HDFC, which is linked to my demat account, which is in turn linked to my online trading account.

Thus, trading becomes really really simple for me. No delivery instruction slips, etc. Just click and purchase/sell. Money automatically gets deducted or deposited into my savings account. It's really convenient for me.

However, BSE stocks cannot be purchased through HDFC but I have confirmed with HDFC and they will be introducing BSE stocks as well. In addition to this, one will be able to purchase stock from IPOs (MF IPOs as well) shortly on this site.

The brokerage is decent (0.5% for delviery based transactions and 0.15% each way for day trading).

So one might consider HDFC as well.

Regards,
Lal.

Hi wily_24 ,

"You will get straemning quotes with sharekhan but u need to take a classic account in which you need to trade for a certain sum (in lacs)."

I think u r referring to speedtrade or speedtradePlus account...and NOT classic account...because the requirement to trade for a certain sum (in lacs) is only in speedtrade or speedtradeplus...

but u know what the talk which i had with their representative, he said that both classic and sppedtrade both offer equally streaming live quotes and there is no difference...so he said there is no need for me to go into speedtrade...i dont know whether is lying or what...

"They do have one called fast trade using jvm but it will be slow( this is what the sharekhan rep would have told you)"...

He on the contrary told me that with jvm it will be very very fast........i am surprised again at what u say....
----------------------------------
Hi kkz59

I am so sorry to hear about ur awful experience which further make me nervous and adds to my indecision as to from whom i shall open account...

"Immediately after emergency was lifted and elections were announced, Indian Express carried an opinion poll as to which party, the readers would vote for and my opinion was that

I would vote for the party of the lesser evil.

In selecting brokerages, I think, only this benchmark will hold good. Which brokerage is less in the red."

true...we have to choose between bad, worse and worst....or else go to USA..............

So trick lies in choosing bad...
-----------------------------------

Hi sh50

"The only way out for small guys is to blacklikst them in forums like these the way icici is condemned universally."

very very true...cannot agree more...

" Can't be helped. Born in India. "

what else to say...u know what when i visited usa few years back one known Indian person there said me "I feel sorry to have been born and brought up in India"...

What else to say...
-----------------------------
Hi younggenius

"hi have u seen the demo for both?"

Yes and 5paise demo was decent enough i would say but i dont want to commit 800/month.

The person who came to give demo for sharekhan came with tie suit but hardly had any knowledge...he never knew anything in particlur...i think i knew more about sharekhan (after reading posts from this forum) than him...all he was interested was in opening account....saying yes to whatever i asked.......and when i put certain tough questions (after reading posts from this forum) he was lost...but then again he kept on assuring he is best
and promised that sharekhan is the best...

(and by the way when i asked him to show demo he was unable to reach the trading area for 30 mins and after that unable to open........)
--------------------

i am as confused now as i was in beginning...seems no other way than to open accoutn in two or three yourself and test actually..........

thanks

sunando
---------

[email protected] (i love emails) :D

Hi

I am also slightly inclined in favour of ICICIdirect. I just need a clarification, if they permit on-line trading in scrips listed on BSE.

After reading the comments regarding India and Indians, I am compelled to say

Dus me se 9 Beimaan, phir bhi Mera Bharat Mahaan

Jis des mein ganga behati hain, jis des mein gai ke chare ke naam pe chori ho sakti hain, jis des main raahat ke naam pe chori ho sakti hain, woh des hain mera, yeh bharat des hain mera

We Indians have lots and lots of strength to bear all types of torture and what is the torture of the Brokerages - very insignificant.

Thanks for starting a good discussion on the Brokerage Houses.

Traderji, can you please think in terms of tying up with any of the national dailies or the pink newspapers wherein every week some of the highlights discussed in this forum are printed and the public does the vastra haran of these very efficient brokerages.

Regards

well i had talk with the sharekhan representative over phone and tommorow morning he is going to come and i have agreed that i will open a classic account.....................finally... :)

so anyone if u want to offer any last minute suggestion, do so bcz tommorow morning i will be no mor sunando but i will be sheru :D

its a big risk chosing sharekhan and that too classic account but if u go through all posts in this thread, u will see my various reasons as to why i accept this i.e., sharekhan classic account only...and not others...

still any last minute suggestions are more than welcome...

thank u wonderful people...

sunando
---------------
[email protected] (i love emails) :p

hmm finally the sharekhan representative did came at 3 pm (he was supposed to come at 10 am)...

and yes finally one classic account is opened...

he said the kit is going to come from mumbai with user id and password...

also applied for hdfc net banking...

will share more experiences....as time passes...

thanks everyone... :)

sunando
---------------------
[email protected] (i love emails) :D

pkjha30

sunandoghosh said:
Hi gvnarendra :)

Thanks once again for ur detailed and prompt reply... :p

Finally i have decided:

choice no. 1 indiabulls
choice no. 2 sharekhan

The only reason for going for indiabulls is that i think i will be able to use their powersoftware (which involves ONE time payment only) which i believe has a very good interface and is able to provide realtime live streaming quotes and orders hopefully can be executed without any delay....(Plz confirm am i right when i write this statement and am i realistic in my expectations about their powersoftware)

The second choice seems to be sharekhan since i have to pay only rs 750 initially which is fully adjustable againts brokerage within 3 months...but then to utilize benefit of speedtrade or speedtrade plus; minimum turnover requirements are there and i cannot commit that; and i dont want to go for classic basic account where i believe speed may be comprmised.
(correct me again if i am wrong)

ICICI direct ruled out due to so much bad public reputation.....

5paise also ruled out as it involves a minimum fixed RECURRING monthly commitment of rs800....

So finally before i exercise my choice i would like that if anyone wishes to add their final comments, opinions, suggestions, etc...please do so.........................................

Thank u very very much.............................

Sunando
----------------------------
U can always email me at [email protected] (i love emails) :D
Hi sunando

I dont know about any bad reputation of ICICIDirect. I am using the same for last one year without facing any problem. Brokerages may be high bu for low volumesinvesting it seems okay. Ita interface loads pretty fast even when I used Dial up. Now I am using ADSL Data One of BSNL and its breeze.I had very rare occasion to call ICICI that to when account got locked up due to my mistake. It will Run only on IE6 as it uses ASP which functions better in IE. my computer is AMDAthalon64 with lots and lots of RAM. So No worry on that account. Perhaps they may not be offering some of the services which a trader amy require.

If you have your own login account for NSE or BSE then perhaps you can use some sort of Trading Terminal software. Some where on this forum such a software was being mentioned I found Trading options in QuoteTracker with some sort of trading based subscription. No NSE or BSE only foreign service providers are listed. However I am quite satisfied with ICICI . You can perhaps browse SHCIL web site which also provide online trading services called StockDirect. I am attaching teriff plan.SHCIL link ishttp://online.stockholding.com/products/so_stockdirect.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.