Clarifications on Lost/misplaced shares

Dear All,

My father has lost/misplaced or cannot remember exactly where he has kept some companies shares (all in physical formats). Now he wants duplicate shares certificates. I made an application to the company about the procedures for getting duplicate shares certificates. They have replied back with the procedures with the filing a FIR besides other things.

I need a clarification about the FIR to be made in the local police station. This is exactly the kind of FIR people generally raised or just an application to the local police station about the lost shares certificates?

Can anyone please clarify what kind of companies generally accept this procedure means exact FIR process or just an acknowldgement of the applications submitted to the police station?

Thanks.

Dear All,

My father has lost/misplaced or cannot remember exactly where he has kept some companies shares (all in physical formats). Now he wants duplicate shares certificates. I made an application to the company about the procedures for getting duplicate shares certificates. They have replied back with the procedures with the filing a FIR besides other things.

I need a clarification about the FIR to be made in the local police station. This is exactly the kind of FIR people generally raised or just an application to the local police station about the lost shares certificates?

Can anyone please clarify what kind of companies generally accept this procedure means exact FIR process or just an acknowldgement of the applications submitted to the police station?

Thanks.

You need to lodge a complaint letter to the police station (on whose durisdiction the shares might have been lost) and get a copy of the FIR or acknowledgement of having lodged the complaint. This is a statutory requirement for issuing duplicate certificates.

hitesh

Dear All,

Thanks.
The steps for filling complain with local police are as under:-

1.Write an application addressing local police station.
2. Mentioning therein that the share certificate/s are lost / misplaced or stolen.
3. Give details of all the share certificates lost. Details should include:-
a. Sr No. b. Name of Company c. Distinctive Nos d. Share Certificate No e. Qnty

4. Obtain acknowledgement of the above application from the Police Station.
5. Company will insist on submitting original copy of such application.
6. So if certificate of more than one companies are lost, take xerox copies of original application and get it notarised / attested.
7. Send one copy of notarised application to all the company, they will accept the same.

This is merely a procedure and not a FIR people talk about.

Over and above the above complain letter, company will also insist for Indemnity Bond in a prescribed format.

Thanks for the reply.

One more clarification.

Can I mention three companies details in one application and send the acknowledged copy to each companies as a separate copy (notorized)?

Or

Do I need to file three separate applications with shares details of three companies?

Please confirm.

hitesh

Thanks for the reply.

One more clarification.

Can I mention three companies details in one application and send the acknowledged copy to each companies as a separate copy (notorized)?

Or

Do I need to file three separate applications with shares details of three companies?

Please confirm.
You can mention three companies details in one application and send seprate notarised copy to each company.

Dear All,

Thanks.