Children educational plan

Hi,

I'm 31. Monthly take home is Rs 50K approx. I've 5month old son. I'm planning to start investing to secure for his education in future. Is it too early to start?

I'm thinking to opt for LIC & equity investment in MF. I'm not sure about LIC plan. Komal Jeevan or Jeevan Anurag or Jeevan Chhaya from LIC? Is it good to opt LIC instead of educational plan?

Should I opt for SIP or lumpsum investment in equity MF for another 15+years?

Apart, I've 1 LIC each for self (3L) and spouse (3L) and invested in 25K in HDFC Tax Saver a year ago and 2-3 FDs. How do I need to plan properly to secure future?

Thanks

rajeabc

Hi,

I'm 31. Monthly take home is Rs 50K approx. I've 5month old son. I'm planning to start investing to secure for his education in future. Is it too early to start?

I'm thinking to opt for LIC & equity investment in MF. I'm not sure about LIC plan. Komal Jeevan or Jeevan Anurag or Jeevan Chhaya from LIC? Is it good to opt LIC instead of educational plan?

Should I opt for SIP or lumpsum investment in equity MF for another 15+years?

Apart, I've 1 LIC each for self (3L) and spouse (3L) and invested in 25K in HDFC Tax Saver a year ago and 2-3 FDs. How do I need to plan properly to secure future?

Thanks
I think LIC as an option for Investment is the worst thing to even consider .
If you want protect then take LIC .
For Investment , What I have done for my daughter are

1- Bought a small land on her first birth day. Now Land Value is appreciated more than 300% in less than 3 years.
2- Building a Equity portfolio .(Relaince , BHEL , SBI , NHPC,.. wil add one more. Have few penny stocks which are kind of buy and forget for another 15 years).
3: Deposit in her PPF a/c.
4: I have taken term plan for protection no LIC INvestment.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not even beginner in stock market so can't invest blindly in stocks instead I can opt for MF. Should I opt for SIP or lumpsum investment in equity MF for another 15+years?

I meant term plan instead of LIC. What was term plan you opted?

rajeabc

Thanks for your reply. I'm not even beginner in stock market so can't invest blindly in stocks instead I can opt for MF. Should I opt for SIP or lumpsum investment in equity MF for another 15+years?

I meant term plan instead of LIC. What was term plan you opted?

Market has its own cycles . It will have ups and down. So if you dont track then making money could be difficult . I don't have much exp in MF fo would not be able to advise much BUT always INvest in SIP.