Charts for the Day

Happy Deepavali to dear friends here in TJ...

Let the coming year be full of best of health, wealth and prosperity for you and your loved ones...Enjoy the festive season, invest regularly, make your own plans to pursue your dreams...start is necessary whether its small or big is secondary...There is no best time to do anything useful...its the present which matters...
Happy DEEPAWALI to everyone .... :)

Many of retail traders got stucked in PSU banks shorts...News came as a surprise for them...and seeing those psu stocks 20%+ is surely a painful...

Time and again i want to state here, playing F&O itself involves a risk inherent in it...so one should have appetite to take losses...one never knows whats going to hit...

And yes there is again a set of traders, highlighting they were longs in psu banks...god bless them they are masters of the universe...
We dont have privilege of going longs after market hours... :)

In all its discipline that matters, if you trading with a strategy and got hit then its all bad luck...but if you are trading without a strategy to make quick buck then sorry..market is not for those who lack preparations in their trading...

I know the risk management got hit today for many psu bank shorters...but really nobody knows whats coming out tomorrow..only brace yourself that you followed your plan...

lemondew

Like they say man proposes god disposes. Actually 3 years back I had read a post from a fellow trader and he said how he stopped looking at profits and losses made from daily trades. He used to check his performance every 2 weeks or so. how the mind quickly calculates the profit and loss from every trade and it gives one the urge to increase the trade size on winning or change the sytsems on loosing.

It seems to me actually whether 20% was made or lose today doesnt matter . Its what happens after a series of trades that should matter. The good or bad feeling after a masterstoke could be misleading. ur thoughts

Many of retail traders got stucked in PSU banks shorts...News came as a surprise for them...and seeing those psu stocks 20%+ is surely a painful...

Time and again i want to state here, playing F&O itself involves a risk inherent in it...so one should have appetite to take losses...one never knows whats going to hit...

And yes there is again a set of traders, highlighting they were longs in psu banks...god bless them they are masters of the universe...
We dont have privilege of going longs after market hours... :)

In all its discipline that matters, if you trading with a strategy and got hit then its all bad luck...but if you are trading without a strategy to make quick buck then sorry..market is not for those who lack preparations in their trading...

I know the risk management got hit today for many psu bank shorters...but really nobody knows whats coming out tomorrow..only brace yourself that you followed your plan...

Like they say man proposes god disposes. Actually 3 years back I had read a post from a fellow trader and he said how he stopped looking at profits and losses made from daily trades. He used to check his performance every 2 weeks or so. how the mind quickly calculates the profit and loss from every trade and it gives one the urge to increase the trade size on winning or change the sytsems on loosing.

It seems to me actually whether 20% was made or lose today doesnt matter . Its what happens after a series of trades that should matter. The good or bad feeling after a masterstoke could be misleading. ur thoughts
Those words can come through experienced trader only...gems...yes itching these words, keep ones emotions in control...My portfolio is just 1.2% net up at todays close...yes i dont hold psu bank names out there...

But for trader/investor like me i am nowadays adapted in trailing positions...even though days like today i dont hold any runaway stocks, but it asks my inner conscience what i missed in this rally..?? Today morning i just gone through psu bank charts and ask myself do any of them fitted in my trading strategies...

Then i came to conclusion for swing trading portfolio yes then can be some candidates among them but for long term portfolio all are trading below 200 SMA...so a clearly no for me...

Yes days like these shakes our plans, we try to leverage our existing positions to hit more home runs...but you said perfectly in the end performance should be assessed over a period and one should control our emotions on this one day run ups...

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Those words can come through experienced trader only...gems...yes itching these words, keep ones emotions in control...My portfolio is just 1.2% net up at todays close...yes i dont hold psu bank names out there...

But for trader/investor like me i am nowadays adapted in trailing positions...even though days like today i dont hold any runaway stocks, but it asks my inner conscience what i missed in this rally..?? Today morning i just gone through psu bank charts and ask myself do any of them fitted in my trading strategies...

Then i came to conclusion for swing trading portfolio yes then can be some candidates among them but for long term portfolio all are trading below 200 SMA...so a clearly no for me...

Yes days like these shakes our plans, we try to leverage our existing positions to hit more home runs...but you said perfectly in the end performance should be assessed over a period and one should control our emotions on this one day run ups...
Sir your portfolio must have gained 1.2%today, mine lost 3%. One of a kind day..

Vivek

lemondew

Very true sir.

whats going to happen tomorrow. I think tomorrow can be any of the day similar to last 2000 days or a variant of one of those including yesterday. Last 2000 and some extreme days of 2008 should have covered many variations. If any one of these days are randomly put for next x (30 or 40 or whatever) days and if our system can take care of our purse after a duration of x days then that should be great.