Chart Patterns

amitrandive

Firstly the impact of TF is very significant....since you are using only 2min TF hence it's impact would also be short lived.

Also in field of TA....we deal in PROBABILITIES NOT CERTAINTIES. hence it's NOT a sure thing that patterns will work ALWAYS.....exceptions cases are also there

-bhavya
Amazing Stuff !!!
:clapping:

raul12

Thank you Raul12

My holding period or time frame is few days to few months. What I wanted to know is which TA tool is best suited for this?...like, moving averages, bollinger bands, etc...if you could throw some light on it.
Regards. Khurshed.
I'd like to second amitrandive.

Every trader is comfortable with his/her strategy and there are various methods of trading which one selects based on one's preference and comfort level. Ex I never trade intraday bcoz of my job & poor past experience but others do it and I respect that.

TA is a pretty comprehensive field & we're all learners here. There's no particular tool which can be rated as THE best.... hence I'd say that you learn about TA & it's tools gradually and then you'd be in a much better position to take a call regarding which tools are suitable for you.

-
Thanks
bhavya

I'd like to second amitrandive.

Every trader is comfortable with his/her strategy and there are various methods of trading which one selects based on one's preference and comfort level. Ex I never trade intraday bcoz of my job & poor past experience but others do it and I respect that.

TA is a pretty comprehensive field & we're all learners here. There's no particular tool which can be rated as THE best.... hence I'd say that you learn about TA & it's tools gradually and then you'd be in a much better position to take a call regarding which tools are suitable for you.

-
Thanks
bhavya
Dear Amit and Raul12

Do you intend to post charts on this thread ? If yes, how do I go about posting the charts?

Regards
Khurshed

amitrandive

Dear Amit and Raul12

Do you intend to post charts on this thread ? If yes, how do I go about posting the charts?

Regards
Khurshed
Dear KhurshedJi

I suggest you better start a new thread for posting your charts.All seniors can comment and advise.
Although, the recent SEBI ruling prevents persons who are not registered with SEBI to provide advise on equities.
For uploading images you can use these two links

http://www.traderji.com/members-discussion-forums/89068-day-trading-nifty-futures-42.html#post991943
http://www.traderji.com/equities/47979-canteen-44.html#post591768

Last edited:
google finance data
Nifty 200 SMA All data

200 SMA Daily

200SMA never crossed in All Year, its crossing in Daily, also MA values on both charts are different
i want to know why? any experts can help me in understand this?
Thanks

The 2 charts are of 2 different time span, one is weekly and other is daily
So 200 sma values ought to be different.

after analyzing posts of professional and veteran traders, the key in intraday is to see the higher view of the market.
for ex: scalping can be done with 1 min (entries) with 15min (signals). for taking position 5 min (entries) with 30 min(signals)
so working peoples can choose what type of signals they want to day trade in any instrument. all indicators will work. training the eye is the key to remove all indicators to trade with pure price action and earlier entries.

screenshot of a range bound market.