Capital Required to Day Trade F&O

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
How much capital is required for commodities? Is my initial investment 50K will be fine?
I thought 50k was enough for the F&O market as i was checking Zerodha and they had that margin calculator where it said it requires around 30k for each futures contract of Nifty and BankNifty? Is that correct then?
Or that will be a huge risk on the current capital?
Yes, trading NSE F&O with 50k, 1 lakh as the beginning is huge risk. So most traders lose money.. Here is the reason..

Try to trade crude mini positional first. Day trading is toughest job..
50k is never enough for nse F&O in the beginning... A pro can trade with that amount..

Day trading is the highest level of trading... When u hv idea about the positional swing direction, only then u can trade it intraday again successfully.. Ppl clueless about swing trading try to do day trading for less margin. :eek:
If u can't understand/trade the market in higher time frame first.. There is very less chance u can trade it in lower time frame..lower the time frame higher the noises u have..and less time to think..remember it..

For higher time frame swing trading u need higher capital for gap up gap down..in htf stop losses are also bigger and so is the target..
In the beginning..u need to stay in the game..U need approx double the positional margin money for sustaining mtm loss in next 2-3 yrs..
So bring 3 times positional margin money for trading per lot.. U can't trade with only 1 lot..U need to trade with 3-4 lots at least.. Now calculate capital ur self..

See..U can positional swing trade crude mini with 50k easily..

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
You can trade 2 lots Nifty options Intraday in that 50k amount.
Why trying to blow his account before he starts..

Start with small quantity of equity... Nice advice happy life and head strong

wisp

Why trying to blow his account before he starts..

Start with small quantity of equity... Nice advice happy life and head strong
Crude oil Mini can be traded very well with 50K
1% risk is 500 Rs, even 2% ok for intraday
Margin required is Rs. 1646 as of now
only 10 bbl in crude mini, so SL will be well within the 1% most of the time
Long hours of trading - 10 am to 11 pm
before starting backtest properly, have a plan and follow it. He will succeed if he worked diligently.

I can only give the example of a trader I know who was making 10K per month with a 10K capital in crude oil, but he worked very hard to get there.

PUCHU_2500