Candlestick charting analysis and methods

hi to everyone here, i am Greet , i hve 12 yrs of trading experience in different financial markets, i basically follow price action and stock phycology and recently i joined this site traderji just becz my lot of frnds wnt to learn everythng about trading stocks and how to do that in simple way and mke a good living out of it, so i am posting this thread here to teach all of them about trading so that they can catch the fish on there own,

lets begin wth cadlesticks, first thing is i wnt to teach u about candlesticks becz its v important to knw about candles and there patterns. so i will begin wth how many candlesticks we hve, every candle or there pairs mke a differnt name or pattern always, they will always tell u somethng about that particular stock, there are many patters but i will teach u about what a candle is and how to read it,

Attachments

Re: For My Moneycontol friends

now if u see in above diagrams, i have made 2 types of candles, one is white and other is black, we will take white candle as bullish candle and black candle as bearish candle, now u can clearly see that a candle has a body and its tails which r small pins or big pins sometmes, shows us its day highs and days lows, the body can be small or big as well , so clearly in the diagram u can see all the open prices and closng prices of a candle wth there days highs and days lows, the body of candle which is sometmes big or sometmes small indicates that if its a big white body that means lot of people that day were bullish but if its a big black body then that means people were v bearish on that particular day, so i hope u all knw now what is a candle and how to read its open price day highs day lows and closng price aswell

now moving forward as u all got to know how to read a candle, now there are many types of candles and there names and ever candle has there own meanings aswell, somtmes they mke a pair and they hve there own meanings and there patterns, now i am gonna teach u all about some important pairs of candles and candles which means a lot in trading, so that whenever u see that kind of a pair or a particular candles then u get to know what that means, so lets start wth first pair, the diagram is as follows,
BULLISH ENGULFING PATTERN

So whenever u see a big bearish candle and after that the next candle is bullish candle then that is called as a bullish engulfing pattern, this pattern is v strong towards buying, its a big hint that buying is able to start for next session or after few sessions, bullish engulfing pattern is only confirmed when both black and white candle or bearish and bullish candle are of same size or one of them shld be atleast more then 50 percent long then the other one, i will show u some more diagrams of Bullish Engulfng Pattern now,
Remember one thing that all the patterns are only valid when they get created durng correction , either downfall or in uptrend, patterns which gets created durng consolidation they mean nothng, we will discuss about that later again, just focus on the diagrams ryt now and see How a bullish engulfing pattern can be seen .

http://tinypic.com/r/mjsuqe/8

http://tinypic.com/r/2ms2fq8/8

so the above links of diagrams in which both candles are either equal or atleast 50 percent of there size only they are Bullish engulfing pattern

now we move to second important pattern that is called as
Bearish engulfing Pattern

Bearish engulfing patterns are those in which first we hve a big bullish candle and then the next candle is Big bearish candle or one of the candle should be of atleast 50 percent of there size, Bearish engulfing pattern is strong indication that a particular stock is about to fall from next or after few sessions, now bearish engulfing pattern will only be valid also when a stock of that chart is rising, dnt get confused , i will show u diagrams below this, just remember always that whenever a stock is rising and suddenly u see this pattern which is called as Bearish engulfing pattern then it means stock is about to fall now, so this pattern is v strong sign of bearishness.
the diagrams are as follows

http://tinypic.com/r/2w6icrm/8

http://tinypic.com/r/2co322e/8

http://tinypic.com/r/if9xc1/8

so all the above diagrams of candles u can see clearly which is bearish engulfing pattern and which is not,

now i will teach u about third most important pattern which is called as
Morning star pattern
Morning star pattern is also v important pattern, it indicates a very bullish signal, whenever u see a morning star pattern then immediately after that you will see big buying coming up and trend moves towards buying side, personally in stocks i have seen morning star pattern lot of times and it really works v well for buyers, so it indicates clearly that heavy buying is about to start. in Morning star pattern there are 3 candles, first one is bearish , second one is small tiny candle it cld be either bearish or bullish and the third one os bullish candle
the diagrams are as follows for Morning star pattern

http://tinypic.com/r/2n85ydh/8

now if u see the diagram of morning star pattern u will see all three candles, first one is bearish second one is small candle it can be either bullish or bearish doesnt matter and third one iis bullish, in this pattern the first candle and the last candle they hve to be of same size or atleat more then 70 percent of there size,

now lets move to another pattern which is called as
Evening star pattern
evening star pattern is a signal that a strong fall is about to come in that stock or that particular financial chart, in this pattern also there are 3 candles, first one is bullish, second one is a small candle it cld be either bearish or bullish and the third candle is bearish, the diagram is as follows

http://tinypic.com/r/2gvkl1x/8

u can clearly see that first candle is bullish and second is a small candle and third is bearish , this is evening star pattern where first and last candle has to be of same size or atleast 70 percent or atleast one shld be of 70 percent of there size,

now i will tell u about another v important candle which is called as
shining star or Hammer.
in this candle there is a long tail to the downside and the closing price is always at day highs. this candle indicates a v strong bullish sign for that particular stock ,
the diagram for shining star candle is as follows
http://tinypic.com/r/209q2ab/8

u can clearly see that shining star candle has a long pin to downside, that means that stock went to days lows but closed at days highs , thats a strong indication of buyng signal, pin of shining star candle has to be long enough

now lets move forward to another candle thats calles as
shooting star
shooting star candle is a strong indication of selling, it means that frm next session or in few sessions strong selling is about to come and stock will go down. in this candle the long tail or the long pin of candle has to be on the upside, the diagram is as follows
http://tinypic.com/r/23mr22q/8
u can clearly see in shooting star candle, there is always a long pin to the upside that means stock went to days highs but cldnt sustain and closed at day lows, so its a strong bearish signal

lets move forward and now see another candle thats called as
Doji
now Doji is a candle where the opening price of the stock and the closing price of that stock is same, so whenever Doji get created that means that trend of that stock is about to change, lets say if a stock is rising up frm last 30 sessions and then we see a doji, so thats a signal that trend is about to change now and that stock can fall now, it as same as for falling stock as well, if its fallng and then doji gets created on a particular day then that means trend of fall is about to stop now and a rise is comng soon, the diagram for the doji is as follows

http://tinypic.com/r/9zoxzn/8

now u can see clearly how doji looks lke

movng forward there is one more pattern which is called as bullish harami or bearish harami pattern but personally i saw it lot of times but it never do as it says, so i dnt wnt to teach u about that as a newbie if u call focus on the key and v important patterns which i said here thats v good for u all, rest all u can learn later also

now the most important thing is that all these patterns are only valid when stock is either falling or rising, if a stock is consolidatng then during that consolidatiion u see any of these patterns then they are of no use, they mean nothng, they has to be created only when stock is rising or stock is falling, now all these patterns only get created on hot points or v important levels of that particular stock,
what i mean is where the major action is going on, the major action of buyng and selling only goes on where hot points are, hot points means, where we hve horizontal supports and horizontal resitances or moving averages or some important fibonacci levels but mostly 90 percent of the tme u will see these patterns only near supports or resistance levels or moving avrges.

now i am gonna teach u about Horizontal Supports and reistances tommorow, how to draw them or see them on a particular stock and what are moving averages, we gonna cover all that tmmrw

now someone asked me today on moneycontrol that sir what is correction and what is consolidation

now correction is if a stock is going up frm many days and then suddenly it comes little down , now lets say there is a stock called Mango it was at 50rs 10days ago and then today it is at 75rs, so stock Mango went from 50 to 75 in 10days thats a v good rise and now after 5 days we see the same stock mango is at 65rs, so that is called correction, in this stock rise for 10days and then corrected little for next 5days and then again it starts it upward journey and reach 90rs, so every uptrend stock corrects,

now what is consolidation lets say stock Mango was at 50rs 10days ago and today it reached 55rs and after 10 days we see its at 50 and then after 10days we see its at 45, then after days we see its at 50 again, then after 10days it reach it is at 55 and then we see after 10days and its at 50 again, so what this stock is doing is only movning up and down little bit, if a particular stock remains on a same place or 10rs up or 10rs down for sometme then thats called consolidation,

i was just gvng u all a basic view here how things looks and how to see them but when u will start reading your own charts, u will all learn slowly and start to grasp everythng, maybe first tme it may soung u tough but its not tough ok, u all hve to just focus on what i write here and its important u learn first slowly and sliowly all the basics
tmmrw we gonna start wth support and resistance levels and there meanings and about moving averages and what it is,

if anyone wnt to search in google also all those candles patterns u can see the drawings there aswell,

so till now we all learn about candles and what r important patterns and candles r

now if u see in above diagrams, i have made 2 types of candles, one is white and other is black, we will take white candle as bullish candle and black candle as bearish candle, now u can clearly see that a candle has a body and its tails which r small pins or big pins sometmes, shows us its day highs and days lows, the body can be small or big as well , so clearly in the diagram u can see all the open prices and closng prices of a candle wth there days highs and days lows, the body of candle which is sometmes big or sometmes small indicates that if its a big white body that means lot of people that day were bullish but if its a big black body then that means people were v bearish on that particular day, so i hope u all knw now what is a candle and how to read its open price day highs day lows and closng price aswell
What does a candle bullish or bearish with long tails but small body indicates? Is there any indication when a candle's closing price is same as day's high or low?

As sharad asked me a question. He is saying what does candles means wth small body and long tails or pins.

everyone those candles who hve long pins or long tails. They dnt hve any name but they indicate a v good price action strategy. Which we call as pin candle strategy. I will cover all those things in details when we will reach the part of price action and its strategies. In short ryt now I will only say that if any candle has long pins then u can see if a long pin is down lke a stock made a day's low and then till afternoon it came up then a long pin is an indication that lot of buying is going on. So if that long pin get creates on some major hot points lke supports or resistances or moving averages. Then we get a v good sign as a buying signal.
there is a way to trade in long pins candles. I will teach that later.
So its same or vice versa wt long pins candles on upside. If pins are up and that is also some kind of logical level then good sign of bearishness.

dnt worry we will cover these things in details n I will show u diagrams aswell. Ryt now we all hve to focus on major candles and patterns as I wrote above.

Tonght I will write here about supports and resistance and movng avrgs and then we will have QandA here. Where u all can ask questions about the things we covered. Then we will move on to another thing.