Can you see the future? Hands on Techno Charts !

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
Enough of theory classes with The FakeTrader (that's me). How about some hands on?

On this thread I will put some random chart (which can be from Equity or Comodity or Even Index. The name of the instrument will be hidden and the any other information which can let us identify the underlying. The RoE is given below:

• Timeframe is 1 hour and overnight carryover is allowed
  • Snippets are taken from history
  • Few Indicators which I use will be posted along side with the price chart
    • FCB
    • STI
    • KKST (Thats all I use for my 1 Hour TF)
  • Targeted R/R is 2 + TSL
All you have to say
  • You want to be long at current price or short at current price, where will be your SL
  • You want to be long or short only if a candle level is breached
  • Rational why you did it
You can keep a count how many you will or lose - to give you an idea about your skill.

Probably this will be thread which will reveal last remaining bit of trading secrets if anything left. you can track your practice score and see the result. And if it is good, you can deply it

Last edited:

Tuna

deleted. The charts were self revealing to identify which instrument it was, I have to find a better way to hide the underlying

Last edited:

Tuna

Ok Here we go:

Chart is based on Unknown Intrument

Timeframe = 1 Hour

Overnight carryover = allowed

Risk = 2-3%

Tgt RR = 2

1st chart is a vanila Fib level from last known Swing Low and High, we are at last candle and have to make a call

Next Chart is FCB Band, same timezone., Yellow line on price is VWAP, Indigo is 34 EMA

Next Chart is KKST (EMA (Obv,5) + 2% dev overlap on 20 period). Yellow on price chart is VWAP, Red-Green STI (7,3)

Now dillemma is (let me bring in some confusion)

1. Fib retracement support zone - should move up
2. Too much sell off done - a bounce back is in offing
3. Volume is not showing support
4. Sellers just sold at VWAP, was it fake
5. KKST Buy signal is not there
6. Super trend sell came long back, selling now is a disaster, we are late, lets wait
7. Last FCB broken but is it reliable
8. Lets take a contra Buy as based on the sell off, RR for a buy is high

Ok this will mostly what will go in the mind of a trader if he wants to trade this - assumption he is only haveing these 3 charts,

Now whats the call in regard to:

1. Direction = Long or Short
2. SL = which candle
3. TGT up to which candle
4. Will you prefer to wait and watch?

Take a stab fellas, it does not cost money.

Tuna

Hi Varun,
I am sending this in PM. Plot the chart and hide the price (right - left pan) and intruments name. Just post the chart. Let the reader decide. Don't show beyond the last candle. Time frame = 1 Hour.

Hi Tuna ji you are using too many indicators (Parameters) which is causing unwanted confusion. Just give me the name of the instrument so i can plot my simple charts on that and come up with some clear (though not always correct) answers.
Yes, very true
Just need a simple candlestick chart (without any indicator), preferably on a white back ground OR using light colours on a black background. The chart posted by you above is not even clearly visible.

Moreover, when we study our charts, we know many more things beside the charts alone, like, the overall trend of market, the overall trend/position of the scrip, if any event day nearby etc etc. Further we also have with us the chart of the scrip in various time frame (from 1 minutes to monthly) and here you should atleast provide with 1min/5/15/60 mins with a daily chart

Tuna

Hi Tuna ji you are using too many indicators (Parameters) which is causing unwanted confusion. Just give me the name of the instrument so i can plot my simple charts on that and come up with some clear (though not always correct) answers.
Yeah, check your Inbox, you got a message and the request what exactly you can plot, without revealing the next move. Don't give any hint.

As far as the confusion is concerned, that is intentional. We have a clue ont he Fibb level, Price retracement and OBV. STI is grossly there to show recent trends and reversal. I kept the 1 Hour TF as we don't need pinpoint accuracy as 1 min Chart. It is a test.

Tuna

Yes, very true
Just need a simple candlestick chart (without any indicator), preferably on a white back ground OR using light colours on a black background. The chart posted by you above is not even clearly visible.

Moreover, when we study our charts, we know many more things beside the charts alone, like, the overall trend of market, the overall trend/position of the scrip, if any event day nearby etc etc. Further we also have with us the chart of the scrip in various time frame (from 1 minutes to monthly) and here you should atleast provide with 1min/5/15/60 mins with a daily chart
Bull Bro,
I do check Multi TF, but since this is 1 hour TF as the trading TF, do you still want to see the lower TF? If you want to see daily or weekly, I would have understood.

I can post vanila candles, but then it will be an image, how would one will decide anything based on an image. And since it is historic chart, next move will be known to all once I reveal the name of date-time. So kept some generic indicators.

Tell me what else you want to see on the chart - I will try to plot. I don't use AFL btw. Here is plain normal candle chart of the same:

Last edited:
Bull Bro,
I do check Multi TF, but since this is 1 hour TF as the trading TF, do you still want to see the lower TF? If you want to see daily or weekly, I would have understood.

I can post vanila candles, but then it will be an image, how would one will decide anything based on an image. And since it is historic chart, next move will be known to all once I reveal the name of date-time. So kept some generic indicators.

Tell me what else you want to see on the chart - I will try to plot. I don't use AFL btw.
I want only vanila plain candle stick chart, without any indicator, in 1/5/15/60 min tf. 1/5 mins one day chart, 15 min previous 5 days and 60 min previous 15 days will be enough, (will ask for daily chart if required) You can hide price pane, but then how one will judge about the movement of price/points
If you really want something, then you too have to take some pain. Change dates of the chart and/or increase/decrease price uniformly (in the data table). No need to divulge scrip name but the chart should be of NF/BNF or of (highly) liquid stock and should not be around of any event day.