Can i download complete NSE stock code list in excel format?

Arifa

Hi All,

I'm new to Traderji & also to stock market. I have been reading all the posts in the forum as a visitor. But joined only today with a hope that you all will help me out to continue further. Proud to be a Traderji Member.

Whatever information i search in google regarding stock market, google will tell me the answer is in traderji & i will get the exact information what i need from traderji members thru their posts.

However i need another info today which i cannot find anywhere. Hopefully i will find it here. and yes i found some 2005 posts, which doesn't work for me.

Can anyone help me how to download a complete NSE stock code list in excel format... (i.e. complete list of the symbols with their corresponding scrip name traded in NSE)

Waiting for an answer.

Thanks & Regards,
Arifa

murthymsr

Hi All,

I'm new to Traderji & also to stock market. I have been reading all the posts in the forum as a visitor. But joined only today with a hope that you all will help me out to continue further. Proud to be a Traderji Member.

Whatever information i search in google regarding stock market, google will tell me the answer is in traderji & i will get the exact information what i need from traderji members thru their posts.

However i need another info today which i cannot find anywhere. Hopefully i will find it here. and yes i found some 2005 posts, which doesn't work for me.

Can anyone help me how to download a complete NSE stock code list in excel format... (i.e. complete list of the symbols with their corresponding scrip name traded in NSE)

Waiting for an answer.

Thanks & Regards,
Arifa
Bhav Copy (PR.zip) of today from NSEINDIA web site will give the latest information as on today (or the day you downloaded). This will contain the information sought by you and a lot more.

murthymsr

Arifa

Thank You so much murthy sir, but the zip file contains a bunch of excel sheets & word documents. However i need the company name & symbols only corresponding to equity market. Which excel should i refer? i'm so confused now.

is there any way to get the symbol details for the BSE? for NSE getting the csv file helps but I doubt the same kind of detail is available for BSE anywhere? If anyone has info pls share.

chachi

Can i download complete NSE stock code list in excel format?
Hi,

Welcome to Traderji. Now you are in the lap of a wonderful forum. Dont hesitate to ask your questions. You will be attended by one or the other. Also share your knowledge freely for the benefit of others.

download csv file from http://www.nseindia.com/content/historical/EQUITIES/2009/JUL/cm03JUL2009bhav.csv and save on the desktop, open the file and 'save as' excel. remove the unwanted columns.

Regards

go to nseindia.com ....Home > Equities > Market Information >Market Today > Latest Bhavcopy -->Download file in csv format...get this file open it with excel......1st column contains all equities symbols...

Hi All,

Waiting for an answer.

Thanks & Regards,
Arifa