Can anyone provide reallife futre trading examples

Derivative trading are the most confusing trading available in the market . I am learning myself future stock trading using nse pathshalla. I was in the opinion that future stock trading is similar to stock trading but while paper trading only i came to know that its not the case. I have gone through several websites and videos to understand the basics of future trading and theoretically it all sounds well and awesome but after doing real trading only i came to know its a really risky endevour. In future trading every day at the closing of the market the stock exchanges "partially" square off your trade (MTM). How i came across this knowledge? For several days when i am trading with NSE pathsalla I seen a steady drop in my Gain/loss at first i thougth it is due to some penality or registration fee but then after a thorough search and with the help of @amitrandive I found out the reason.

In order to avoid any such problems to a new traders; can any experienced future trades give a reallife trading example (if available) of their future trading in video or as an excel sheet (preferably overnight trading).

Eg
stock Buy price LTP MTM Gain/Loss
1st day 100 99 -1000 -1000
2nd day 100 101 1100 1100 etc

amitrandive

Derivative trading are the most confusing trading available in the market . I am learning myself future stock trading using nse pathshalla. I was in the opinion that future stock trading is similar to stock trading but while paper trading only i came to know that its not the case. I have gone through several websites and videos to understand the basics of future trading and theoretically it all sounds well and awesome but after doing real trading only i came to know its a really risky endevour. In future trading every day at the closing of the market the stock exchanges "partially" square off your trade (MTM). How i came across this knowledge? For several days when i am trading with NSE pathsalla I seen a steady drop in my Gain/loss at first i thougth it is due to some penality or registration fee but then after a thorough search and with the help of @amitrandive I found out the reason.

In order to avoid any such problems to a new traders; can any experienced future trades give a reallife trading example (if available) of their future trading in video or as an excel sheet (preferably overnight trading).

Eg
Explore this,real life don't think anyone would share

http://zerodha.com/varsity/chapter/futures-trade/

VJAY

its been two days and no reply from anyone. Once more can any one check my excel and tell me any thing wrong with my calculation
Dear mutualguru,
for trading in futures IMO no need to know these calculations...(Though any knowledge is good for understanding market)
yes for options we want to know many things as time decay/volta etc make changes in price of options

am not checked yourexcel sheet though :D

amitrandive

@rkkarnani @amitrandive I have created a simulated future trading data for NIFTY using excel for a duration of past 31 days. Can anyone look into it and tell me whether my calculations are correct or not especially calculation of MTM?

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=37337483441815340424
its been two days and no reply from anyone. Once more can any one check my excel and tell me any thing wrong with my calculation
Calculations are correct.But there will be brokerages and taxes on the profit also.What you have calculated is gross profits.

Also one thing more , In trading learn to be patient .:D