Can any body make this 3 inside bar strategy afl?

can you give more specific rules?

From the above charts seems you want this

Code:
IB2 = H < Ref(H,-2) AND L > Ref(L,-2) AND Ref(H,-1) < Ref(H,-2) AND Ref(L,-1) > Ref(L,-2);
PlotShapes(shapeHollowStar * IB2,colorLightGrey,0,L,-20);
Happy :)

Bewinner

can you give more specific rules?

From the above charts seems you want this

Code:
IB2 = H < Ref(H,-2) AND L > Ref(L,-2) AND Ref(H,-1) < Ref(H,-2) AND Ref(L,-1) > Ref(L,-2);
Hi Happy Sing...

u got it almost right It is just candle within the candle like 2nd candle within 1st candle and 3rd candle within 2nd candle that is the concept....but sometime in ur code that is broken..could u please change it a little bit

below is the script u made with exploration, scan and explore...

Thank u Happy ji for your effort...

Regards,
Bewinner.
HTML:
_SECTION_BEGIN("Price");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates);
_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) Vol " +WriteVal( V, 1.0 ) +" {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 )) ));
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorDefault ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() ); 

Filter = (IB2==1);

SetOption("NoDefaultColumns", True);

AddTextColumn(Name(), "Symbol", 1.2);
AddColumn(DateTime(), "Date", formatDateTime, 15);
AddColumn(TimeNum() ,"Time",1, 75);

AddColumn(IB2, "NR1", 1.0, colorDefault,colorDefault, 80);
AddColumn(V, "Volume",1);
AddColumn(H, "High",1);
AddColumn(L, "TLow",1);
SetSortColumns( -3 );
_SECTION_END();
But I think in your code this rule breaks sometimes...Please see the below chart after 9.29,9.44 candle 9.59 candle is not another IB within 9.44 so it is not the thing...
could u please change it a bit...we r almost near.

Last edited:

rvlv

Hi BEWINNER
Thanks for sharing the idea looks simple yet powerful on hourly charts or 15min charts.

is there any reference for study on this pattern? if yes please share it if possible.
Jeff Wilde uses single inside bar strategy for double bottom,double top etc for trade entry.
Thanks for HAPPY singh to code it.

have happy trading
regards
rvlv

the code was for next 2 candles within the first one . .

one inside other inside other is simpler :)

Code:
IB2 = H < Ref(H,-1) AND L > Ref(L,-1) AND Ref(H,-1) < Ref(H,-2) AND Ref(L,-1) > Ref(L,-2);

Bewinner

Hi BEWINNER
Thanks for sharing the idea looks simple yet powerful on hourly charts or 15min charts.

is there any reference for study on this pattern? if yes please share it if possible.
Jeff Wilde uses single inside bar strategy for double bottom,double top etc for trade entry.
Thanks for HAPPY singh to code it.

have happy trading
regards
rvlv
No RVLV...
I just saw this things happen....2 days it got noticed by me..one day BNF in 15 min chart and BPCL spot 5 mins chart on either 11/12th june just after opening...later I searched the chart with this concept and I found so many of the and idea struck in my mind...that's it...I don't know whether anything is available in this concept or not..

Last edited:

Bewinner

the code was for next 2 candles within the first one . .

one inside other inside other is simpler :)

Code:
IB2 = H < Ref(H,-1) AND L > Ref(L,-1) AND Ref(H,-1) < Ref(H,-2) AND Ref(L,-1) > Ref(L,-2);
Happy ji ..
Thanx again...I will check and come back again if I find anything not matching the criteria..

But must say accidentally what I got in ur previous code that is also powerful...

sr114

No RVLV...
I just saw this things happen....2 days it got noticed by me..one day banknifty in 15 min chart and BPCL 5 mins chart on either 11/12th june just after opening...later I searched the chart with this concept and I found so many of the and idea struck in my mind...that's it...I don't know whether anything is available in this concept or not..
Bewinner

r u looking at this stuff?

or this 1?

or this 1?

or

rgds subroto

Last edited: