Camarilla Equation

abhinkoi

Please find some more theory on Camerilla from http://www.camarillaequation.com/

"The SFT Camarilla Equation produces 8 levels from yesterday's open, high, low and close. These levels are split into two groups, numbered 1 to 4. The pattern formed by the 8 levels is broadly symmetrical, and the most important levels are the 'L3', 'L4' and 'H3', 'H4' levels. While day trading, traders look for the market to reverse if it hits an 'L3' or 'H3' level. They would then open a position AGAINST the trend, using a stop loss somewhere before the associated 'L4' or 'H4' level.
The SFT theory suggests setting stoplosses that appear to you the trader to be prudent, and to not even open the trade until it has penetrated the level in the 'right' direction, i.e. demonstrated that it has found resistance (or support). In the case of the higher H3 level, this would mean that price had already reversed and pushed back down thru the level, heading south.
====================================================================

The second way to try day trading with the Camarilla Equation is to regard the 'H4' and 'L4' levels as 'breakout' levels - in other words to go WITH the trend if prices push thru either the H4 or L4 level. This essentially covers all the bases -
Day Trading within the H3 and L3 levels enables you to capture all the wrinkles that intraday market movement throws up,
and the H4 - L4 breakout plays allow the less experienced trader to capitalise on relatively low risk sharp powerful movements.

I just got hold of this yesterday and started observing from today and on today's nifty levels worked really well. Here are the levels given by Camerilla pivot -

H4 4517
H3 4465
H2 4448
H1 4431

L1 4396
L2 4379
L3 4362
L4 4311

Nifty took support at 4362 where as per Camerilla we shd go long with a stop somewhere between L3 and L4 depending on your appetite. A new fresh short position shd be initiated below L4 4311 intraday.

I am yet to find more on this. Will share soon.

Thx
Abhi

U

uasish

Abhi,

I have seen in 5 min / 30 min / 60 mins chart of yesterday's Nifty Fut,in my Metastock,the Low was all in
between 1st & 2nd,never went to 3rd level.
Are you refering EoD ,there also it never came below 2nd.

Asish

rkkarnani

Abhi,

I have seen in 5 min / 30 min / 60 mins chart of yesterday's Nifty Fut,in my Metastock,the Low was all in
between 1st & 2nd,never went to 3rd level.
Are you refering EoD ,there also it never came below 2nd.

Asish
Ashish da, The low yesterday, 4th Aug.2008 in Nifty future was indeed 4362.10 , the L3 level given by Abhi!!!
In hourly chart it would be low of 1 PM bar!!!

U

uasish

Maybe then his code differs with mine one,never mind i have stopped using Camerrila Long back.

rkkarnani

Maybe then his code differs with mine one,never mind i have stopped using Camerrila Long back.
Oh no, ashish da, I thought u were refering to Nifty levels..... I hardly know about Camerrilla Levels!!! I meant that Nifty had touched the level L3 mentioned. I though u were writing that Nifty did not go down to 4362!!! Sorry for the confusion!!! :p

abhinkoi

Oh no, ashish da, I thought u were refering to Nifty levels..... I hardly know about Camerrilla Levels!!! I meant that Nifty had touched the level L3 mentioned. I though u were writing that Nifty did not go down to 4362!!! Sorry for the confusion!!! :p
Sorry for the late response. All the levels posted by this Camerilla PC are Nifty spot levels and not NF levels.

Here are the levels for today 5th Aug and I am happy to say that it worked excellent today -

H4 4436 Long breakout
H3 4415 SHORT
H2 4409
H1 4402
Pivot 4398
L1 4389
L2 4382
L3 4375 LONG
L4 4355 Short breakout

Now after opening Nifty took resistance at 4413 and fell few times from there which means it has respected the H3 level of 4415.

After that around 12:50 pm it cracked down to 4376 and bounced back smartly. We all can see that 4375 was L3 where it recommends to go long with a SL somewhere between L3 and L4.

Once it bounced back and moved in H1-H3 range one cud have shorted again at 4415 with a SL between H3 and H4 and once closed above H4 it means a BIG day trading BO for initiating longs and it worked well and above 4436 we have seen the high made of 4515.15

I think we all can observe for some more days to check the reliability of this calc.

I will be posting NIFTY SPOT levels for tomorrow 6th Aug soon here.

Thanks
Abhi

rkkarnani

Sorry for the late response. All the levels posted by this Camerilla PC are Nifty spot levels and not NF levels.

Here are the levels for today 5th Aug and I am happy to say that it worked excellent today -

H4 4436 Long breakout
H3 4415 SHORT
H2 4409
H1 4402
Pivot 4398
L1 4389
L2 4382
L3 4375 LONG
L4 4355 Short breakout

Now after opening Nifty took resistance at 4413 and fell few times from there which means it has respected the H3 level of 4415.

After that around 12:50 pm it cracked down to 4376 and bounced back smartly. We all can see that 4375 was L3 where it recommends to go long with a SL somewhere between L3 and L4.

Once it bounced back and moved in H1-H3 range one cud have shorted again at 4415 with a SL between H3 and H4 and once closed above H4 it means a BIG day trading BO for initiating longs and it worked well and above 4436 we have seen the high made of 4515.15

I think we all can observe for some more days to check the reliability of this calc.

I will be posting NIFTY SPOT levels for tomorrow 6th Aug soon here.

Thanks
Abhi
If possible do it for Nifty futures too!!!

abhinkoi

NIfty Levels for 6th August

Hi All,

Please find below the levels for Nifty SPOT for 6th Aug -
H4 4579 Long breakout
H3 4541 SHORT
H2 4528
H1 4516
Pivot 4465
L1 4490
L2 4477
L3 4465 LONG