Cabinet File error when installing Trade Tiger

Klewtar

When installing the new trade tigers I get an error:
"The cabinet file (some file name with 30+ characters) required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package"

This happened for Trade Tiger Basic (1.0.5.0) on Windows XP 32 bit and also for Trade Tiger Advance (2.1) on Windows 7 32 bit (Edit: As per the post below, I have successfully installed Trade Tiger 2.2 on the Win 7 32 bit system that had the cabinet file error for TT 2.1)

Is this a common error? It happened on 2 computer systems that I tried to install trade tiger on.

What is the solution? I have not yet contacted Sharekhan regarding the issue.

Last edited:

Klewtar

I have downloaded Trade Tiger Advance/2.2 (the install file for Trade Tiger Advance was updated on the site: http://www.sharekhan.com/tradetigerinstalation/TTSetup.aspx but the site did not say that the installer file has been updated from 2.1 to 2.2) and it is now installed on Win 7 32 bit without receiving the cabinet file error.

I hope that the cabinet file error when installing Trade Tiger Basic/1.0.5.0 also gets fixed for Win XP (Trade tiger Basic/1.0.5.0 installed ok in one Win XP machine but not the other Win XP machine.) The PC that Trade Tiger Basic did not install for me is no longer working so it is a non issue for me but it maybe an issue for single core users who are still on XP.

Last edited: