Buy Today Sell Tomorrow(btst)

in kotak securities u can do BTST(or BNST-G in kotak words)
FOR SELECTED SCRIPTS U R ALLOED to do BTST with 75% sell only not 100%. and brokrage it applies same as delevery brokage not intra day

supoose u buy today 100 RPL(RPL must in their bnst-g list) u can sell 75 RPL only and remaining 25 goes to ur T+2 delivery.

for sharekhan dp to margin is good and simple facility ... don't know much about sharekhan's BTST ....PL SHARE IF ANY1 KNOWS

and also 5paisa(indiainfoline) where can i find list of BTST script list....pl share any1 knows

...sanju!!

Re: Buy Today Sell Tomarrow(btst)

I had asked sharkhan ...In cash market i have done btst for many scrips but every time it has gone for auction..Even though the marketing guy says ..it is better to avoid doing btst in sharkhan in cash market ..if u get any solid list from sharekhan please forward it to this forum ...
frnd if do short sell and don't cover it b4 mkt close then only it goes to auction
BTST ...buy today and sell 2maro ...not sell 2day buy 2maro

....sanju!!

Hi friends...
I have a 'novice-like' question... Please help me.
What happens if I buy any scrip today (whether it is there is the BTST list or not) and then sell tomorrow. Why can't I do it?
I am using ShareKhan and the scrips that I buy today shows in the dmat account by tonight. So, why can't I sell it tomorrow morning. In fact, many times I have done this. And very few times, the shares have gone for auction...

One more thing, can anybody help me with this "AUCTION" thing. I don't know what it is.

Thanks in advance...!
Sunil

shekharinvest

Dear Sunilmo2,

When you buy shares today( say on Monday), it only comes into your account (delivered to you by exchange) after two clear working days after the trading day i.e. on Thursday morning, for Tuesday buy you will get deliveries on friday and so forth. This is known as T+2 day rolling settlement. Therefore you cannot sell till you get the deliveries. Hence selling without possessing shares invite auctions by the exchange.

Raju

Hi vipulk ,
Thanks for the info .I was going to enquire with IndiaBulls..
Can u also tell us abt what percentage or value do they deduct for such scrips if played in BTST...

Raju

HI sanjugalande ,

Please confirm...Buy Today Sell Today ..I mean e.g
Buy RPL 100@200 (Monday) ..Sell on Tuesday.As u don't have them in u'r acct delivered,selling can prove dangerous in case of Sharekhan..I am not talking of shortsell..
And also I am talking only of Cash market ..

i am not getting what u want to say

in case of kotak secutities:
if u buy rpl on monday and rpl is in their BNST-G list u can sell 75% of rpl (brough on monday) on next day and remaining goes to ur T+2 deleivery.

i have not much @ btst in case of sharekhan and never tried it on sharekhan.

Raju

Hi Sanju,
U were telling me abt short-sell...And I was informing u abt BTST(SIMPLE BUY TODAY-SELL TOMORROW) with Sharekhan..
If I buy "XXX" (today) and sell (tomorrow)..I face a problem when using Sharekhan as Broker.(Sharekhan says yes u can sell all of the shares but if they are short at NSE...(Always become short at NSE :) )
After 1 day I receive mail from sharekhan ..DUE TO SHORTAGE OF SHARES OF "XXX" at NSE END & blah blah blah ...Auction - They would buy that "XXX" share for me at highest price..

Got my pt ...Sanju..

some what raju

lets get cleared, following is what i know:-
1. in kotak securities: they have facility BNST-G(buy now-sell 2maro with garenty) but only 75% of buying.

2. as far as sharekhan concerned i never used BTST(buy today-sell 2maro)option.
..sanju!!