Bulk Bhavcopy Converter for NSE, BSE, MCX, NCDEC (CSV 2 MS,ASCII)

Dear All,
Request to all members
Is there any software or idea from which one can convert Bulk BSE, NSE, MCX, NCDEX EOD Bhavcopies into Metastock format or ASCII format? I am talking about BULK BHAVCOPY CONVERTER which convert more than one year of EOD CSV data into Metastock competible or ASCII format. Batch converter for CSV TO METASTOCK or CSV to ASCII.
Hoping for reply from experienced and seniors.

pakatil

I have a MS Access Database which can import in to its Table, data from NSEBhav Copy. Bulk Import is possible. Once Data is in a Table, export it to CSV format which in turn can be used to import in to AmiBroker in one single shot.

Cheers

Dear all,
Please try to understand my question clearly
I have downloaded original EOD BHAVCOPIES from nseindia.com website for more than 1 years,
e.g. cm01JAN2008bhav.CSV TO cm20MAR2009bhav.CSVAll you know that headers of original NSE Bhavcopy is in the format as below:
<SYMBOL><SERIES><OPEN><HIGH><LOW><CLOSE><LAST><PREVCLOSE><TOTTRDQTY><TOTTRDVAL><TIMESTAMP>
My question is....
I want to convert Bhavcopies from above original CSV format to either METASTOCK or ASCII format in BULK e.g. in single shot
METASTOCK does not support CSV fromat
METASTOCK supports ASCII, XLS etc format
seeking for reply

Hi tkamal,

The best approach I can suggest is to ignore the data you downloaded and then use the Getbhavcopy Tool (Free NSE and BSE data downloader).

It can download the data (historical as well as daily) in the single shot (set start date and end date range accordingly) and will also convert it to metastock format so that it can be imported directly.

Also I had sent the link to importing bulk data into Metastock. Hence you can import that data into Metastock is a single shot.

I recommend you read the Documentation section of the site www.getbhavcopy.com and all your questions will be answered.

Dear Totalbankrupt,
First of all thank U very much for quick reply.
I know U R among few gentlemen who r always ready to help & guide to others genuinely.
I also Thankful to moderators of Traderji forum who provide this beautiful forum for novice like me.
Thanks again to U and Traderji.
:thanx::thanx:
yours,
tkamal

Dear Hemen,
I have downloaded the latest version of get bhavcopy from your web site, and have also printed out the documentation files for the same. I have successfully installed get bhavcopy on my computer and have set the option as per your documentation. The program is working vry well upto downloading part from BSE and NSE servers.
Meanwhile I have lost my Metastock program due to some corrupted file and my hardware pro says it is almost irretrievable. As a stop gap arrangement I have downloaded and installed Aptistock(Free ware) software on my computer. The software says that it requires the files in
<ticker><date(yyyymmdd)><open><high><low><close><vol><oi> or
<ticker><name><period><date(yyyymmdd)><open><high><low><close><vol><oi>
formats and at the same time it says the files to be imported should be in Metastock Format are both these formats the same? and is get bhavcopy presently capable of converting the BSE NSE EOD data into a format suitable for Aptistock?
If yes can you please describe the procedure in detail or advise any other method by which I can import the data into Aptistock and be able to use the software.
Thanking you and eagerly waiting for your help
Sharad Kale