Building Up A Portfolio At A 7000 Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anurag,

Fluidomat is a small counter and is witnessing the same pressure as that of the other small and midcaps. However this is fundamentally good counter and has improved both in terms of growth and clientbase. There is no stoploss recommended for this as of now. We will wait some more time before averaging it out.
Another gentle reminder that I have always posted, do not put all your eggs in one basket and the second do not buy in a single shot...if you plan to buy 2500, I would have suggested to buy in 3 lots..each of 800-1000. that is my personal view.

Shahab and Amogh - I will convey the target and time frame.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik
Thanks for the reply Supratik, I have made some good money in your other picks, so was a bit worried about this.

Would really appreciate and be thankful if you could share the reasons for picking Fluidomat (Not that i question your ability to pick good stocks), just for curiosity and knowledge.:eek:

After looking at the few previous posts, I felt like putting my own update on this.
Last few weeks many small caps and midcaps surged and were in UC's. Many of them gave 100% returns within a very short span of time.
Because of this, the greed increased and everyone tried to get into market and double or triple their money in a short span of time.
This worked for sometime.
But, last week the smallcap bubble has burst and many of those counters which saw continuous UC's have started seeing continuous LC's now!
This will continue for some more time.

So, the lesson from this is, be extra careful when investing in small caps.
When market is doing good, when there are only good news from everywhere, these small caps will also fly and will give very good returns. But, we don't know, when the tide will turn around.
So, keep your own targets and exit at every possible high's. Don't be too greedy.

And an investor has to always look at the long term perspective.
If you can get 20% returns from the stock market year after year, you must be more than happy.
If you try for better numbers, then your risk also will be high and wiping out of capital will also be high.

So, keep your fingers crossed and be ready to pull out, when you are playing with small caps.

Thanks for the reply Supratik, I have made some good money in your other picks, so was a bit worried about this.

Would really appreciate and be thankful if you could share the reasons for picking Fluidomat (Not that i question your ability to pick good stocks), just for curiosity and knowledge.:eek:
fluidomat again in UC ... but volumes are quite low ... something brewing ??? :(

hello all
can anybody suggest me which of these i should hold and which one to sell

birla power 175 @42
mindtek 100 @ 38.50
cablecorp 100 @ 55.60
Rpg cab 100 @57.00
sirpurpaper 50 @ 129.30
Spicejet 100 @ 90.85
Suven life 100 @ 50.90

iam not worried even i have to hold these for 2-3 months

hello all
can anybody suggest me which of these i should hold and which one to sell

birla power 175 @42
mindtek 100 @ 38.50
cablecorp 100 @ 55.60
Rpg cab 100 @57.00
sirpurpaper 50 @ 129.30
Spicejet 100 @ 90.85
Suven life 100 @ 50.90

iam not worried even i have to hold these for 2-3 months

Suggest to hold RPG Cables - price target 85
Sirpur Paper - buy and accumulate (target will be intimitated)...target big on this counter
Spicejet - my pick in this industry is this one (Narendra has already suggested this) ...hold
Suven Pharma - I think Narendra has suggested this at 36 level with target of 47 which was revised to 55 (dont remember exactly). I think targets were reached
Not sure on the others.

Hi All,

The next tip is on BF Utilities...CMP 2050.
Buy in less quantity....some insider story in this one.....buy less till we get a confirmation

Thanks and Regards
Supratik

Hello All,

The much expected correction is happening in the market.
Sensex has shed more than 2000 points from its high in last one week.
We may see correction for another 500 points at maximum.
Nobody can predict the markets perfectly and everything is a guess at best.
So, my guess is, market will see green from 24th Jan 08 (that is this Thursday). The triggers could be positive news from US govt and another 0.05% cut in Fed rates. Also, the results from domestic companies have started coming in and most of them are posting good profits.

So, don't panic and sell during this fall. Hold on to good ones.
And use this correction as a time for value buy.

I am positive on Cement sector and you can take exposure in this sector. My picks are JK Lakshmi Cement and Birla Corporation Ltd.

In the small cap space, look at Pondy Oxides and Kohinoor Broadcasting.

Regards,
Narendra

Supratik/Narendra

Can you list out fundamentally good stocks that we can buy at current levels ? There must be some good stocks to buy after the recent fall... :D can you please recommend such stocks.

~Mahesh

Status
Not open for further replies.