BSE Stocks and monitoring in real time using INstant Messaging(gtalk, yahoo, msn)?

Dear Traderji Experts,

I'm newbie to stocks. I have few queries below :-

1. Where I can get the complete list of stocks from BSE / Sensex ?

2. I feel it's very difficult to browse real time stock prices using browser. Do we have any software OR service via which I can subscribe BSE Sensex stocks to instant messenger (Google gtalk , yahoo or msn) so that it can give me the data in real time?

3. Do we have any free SMS service for sending stock details in real time?

Thanks
BS

Re: BSE Stocks and monitoring in real time using INstant Messaging(gtalk, yahoo, msn)

1. Where I can get the complete list of stocks from BSE / Sensex ?
>> Treeant : Try http://www.stockfry.com/Report_New.asp?id=StockList&a=123

2. I feel it's very difficult to browse real time stock prices using browser. Do we have any software OR service via which I can subscribe BSE Sensex stocks to instant messenger (Google gtalk , yahoo or msn) so that it can give me the data in real time?
3. Do we have any free SMS service for sending stock details in real time?
>> Treeant : Found it intersting. Try adding [email protected] to your Google gtalk chat as buddy OR check http://myimalert.com/

Re: BSE Stocks and monitoring in real time using INstant Messaging(gtalk, yahoo, msn)

Thanks Treeant for kind information and help. This application is really helpful. Thats what exactly i was looking for. Along with sensex tracking, they have given nasdaq ([email protected]) tracking on gtalk as well.

Best regards
BS

Dear Traderji Experts, Where I can find updated list of BSE symbols in excel format (name and symbol.BO)?

I tried to search in most of the post but they seems to be old...

Please help...

Thanks
BS

Dear Traderji Expert,

Can you please point me the updated list of BSE symbols 2010 in excel format (name and symbol.BO)? Thanks for your help

Best regards
BS

Dear Traderji Expert,

Badly need this data... Can someone please point me the latest list of BSE stock symbols 2010 in excel format (Company name and symbol.BO)?

Thanks for your help
Best regards
BS

anayash

Dear Traderji Expert,

Badly need this data... Can someone please point me the latest list of BSE stock symbols 2010 in excel format (Company name and symbol.BO)?

Thanks for your help
Best regards
BS
You can get this information in the BhavCopy on the BSE site.

here's the link for today's bhavcopy

http://w w w.bseindia.com/mktlive/bhavcopy.asp

(remove the spaces between the "w's")

Dear Anayash,

Thanks a lot for kind reply. I checked the data but it's not matching my requirement. E.g. i'm looking for data in following format :-

Name and script ID
=======================
ABB Ltd => ABB
Suzlon Energy Ltd -> SUZLON
=======================

Thanks
BS

anayash

Dear Anayash,

Thanks a lot for kind reply. I checked the data but it's not matching my requirement. E.g. i'm looking for data in following format :-

Name and script ID
=======================
ABB Ltd => ABB
Suzlon Energy Ltd -> SUZLON
=======================

Thanks
BS
the ones u mentioned are NSE symbols for the respective companies & not BSE! check out the bhavcopy on the NSE website for the same!