Brokerage rates for Sharekhan ?

Mangafreakz

What are the brokerage rates for Delivery, Intraday and F&O in sharekhan. I searched their site , didnt see the charges mentioned :(

AW10

Best will be talk to their agent, branch where u may like to open an account.
You can negotiate the rates. It doesn't matter what is given on borkers sites. In current market share, it is we trader who have upper hand in choosing brokers and brokerage house are fighting to just maintain their business.

Happy Trading

Mangafreakz

@AW10
Thank you sir. Wow , never knew this part, I thought brokerages are like fixed charges like net rentals , etc where u gotta pay whats stated. Still , what rates do u think will be reasonable? Which broker you are using and would recommend to others? And hows sharekhan as a broker in terms of TRade executions , trading terminal , etc ? Was viewing that massive poll about best broker , saw that sharekhan and ICICI were among the most voted but abt ICICI heard lotsa complains like exorbitant brokerage rates and bad trading terminal. Am mainly interested in choosing between this 3 - Sharekhan , kotak and Indiabulls( heard good things about PIB).

This will give you an idea.

For Intra-day Trades :-
0.1% on the buy side and 0.1% on the sell side. This is subject to a minimum brokerage of 5 paise per share. This means that if the share price you trade in is Rs 50/- or less, a minimum brokerage of 5 paise per share will be charged.

For Delivery Based Trades :-
0.5% or 10 paise per share or Rs. 16/- per scrip whichever is higher.
Minimum brokerage of 10 paise per share is applicable when the share price is Rs. 20/- or less and minimum brokerage of Rs. 16/- per scrip will be applicable when the traded price is Rs 3,200/-
NOTE: Minimum brokerage of Rs. 16/- will be applicable only on SELL Delivery Transactions.

For F&O trades :-
0.1% on the first leg
0.02% on the second leg if squared off on the same day and 0.1% if squared off on any other day.
Please note : Brokerage on Options trades will now be charged on the Premium component instead of the Strike Price which was levied earlier. Brokerage will be charged as Rs. 100/- per contract or 2.5% on the premium (which ever is higher) as per the SEBI circular guidelines.

The Transaction Charges are :-
NATURE OF TRANSACTION - RATE OF STT (Charged on Traded Value)
Delivery based transaction in equity - Buyer and seller each to pay 0.125%
Non-delivery based transaction in equity - Seller to pay 0.025%
Derivatives ( Futures ) - Seller to pay 0.017%
Derivatives ( Options ) - 0.017% only on sell side if Squared off. (on premium)
0.125% to be paid by purchaser if Exercised. (on settlement value)
Stamp Duty 0.010% for delivery based trades and 0.002% for intra-day trades.
Stamp Duty - Derivatives (F&O) : 0.002% for Futures on actual price and 0.002% for options on premium.
Service Tax 10.30% on Brokerage + Transaction Charges ( 10% Service Tax + Education Cess 2% of Service Tax + Higher Education Cess 1% of Service Tax )
Turnover Tax 0.0035% of traded value ( cash segment ) and 0.0023% for Futures on actual rate and 0.0513% on premium.

BoL

AW10

Generally they have different rate structure..under following heads..
Futures Intraday
Futures Delivery
Options Intraday
Options Delivery
Stocks Intraday
Stocks Delivery

The rates are generally % based, or % subjected to minimum amount, or fixed amount based.
If you can think about your trading requirement then comparision will get easier. Ask question like
- Are you day trader or position trader ? Which instrument u will be trading ? (answer to only this requiremnt will put u in better negotiation position - if u are futures trader then let them
charge bit high on stock / delivery trade but reduce the charge on futures trade etc ?
- How many trades will u have in a month / and total size of those trades ? (Brokers want active customers. So if you can show them candy, then u can get better deal here)
- Will u be using after hour orders to manage your positions or not ?
- What are the time when u need to access the site in the night and on the weekend ? (last thing u want is "Site not available due to maintenance work" message when u want to access your acct)
- how easy /difficult is it to place order/ view positions/ view reports etc.
- Connectivity to your bank

Sharekhan trade tiger / PIB are good platform for charting / order placement etc. Otherwise, their normal classic account is pathetic. You wil get tired by clicking at 5 to 6 places ( first to select the option /call or put/ strike / enter price / confirm) before u can place your order., Same is the case with ICICIDirect classic account. I don't know about their active trader.

Finally, don't think too much about being perfect at this stage. You are not marrying to the brokerage house. If you don't like, you can always switchover.

Happy Trading.

Xaero

By now I have heard complaints about all brokers except for PIB and Religare (may because not many use religare). PIB is supposed to be top notch.

I want to open an account with sharekhan. Can anybody help me to guide about followings :

1- Waht is their current brokerages in F& O.
2- How much will I have to pay ( including tax) if I buy 1 lot Nifty @ 5600 and sell the same on the same day. how much charges on selling.

3- How much brokerage if I sell it on next day.

regards
Vijay

lvgandhi

By now I have heard complaints about all brokers except for PIB and Religare (may because not many use religare). PIB is supposed to be top notch.
I had been with religare. They are no more professional. They are bad.
Zerodha or RKG is better so far I could gather.

I went ahead and signed up for a ShareKhan account 4 days ago, and they haven't called me regarding the opening of Demat Account.

I don't think they will give me discounts right away when I buy my first shares, but I was wondering how to transfer my bank account money to Sharekhan. Is this possible and easy?

(I have an Axis Bank account that can be operated online)

And, OP, is this your first-time venturing into the Share Market?

pls explain me i m new to share khan

i bought 5 share of jaiprakash associate @60.60 so total comes around 300

on dated5/6/12 i sell 2 shares in that they charge me 15.36 min dlv charges explain me if possible anyone.