Bonds ETF?

vicky_ag

So I am looking to invest in some ETFs. Now I can see all kinds of ETFs but not bonds. I found one LiquidBees from Goldman on NSE but the data is not usable. All open/closes are near 1000 and completely disregard any coupon payments. So if anyone knows where I can find some bond ETFs and daily open close prices.

jamit_05

So I am looking to invest in some ETFs. Now I can see all kinds of ETFs but not bonds. I found one LiquidBees from Goldman on NSE but the data is not usable. All open/closes are near 1000 and completely disregard any coupon payments. So if anyone knows where I can find some bond ETFs and daily open close prices.
You will find Bond MFs in large numbers.

vicky_ag

Do they operate differently? Is there an advantage in ETF as opposed to MFs?
Fees and liquidity availability. I am building my own portfolio which will be actively managed and cant wait sitting on my hands - for MFs to complete their due process and get my money (and annoying sales people calling - Its a good option, Sir, please dont withdraw money etc). ETFs as opposed are traded instrument so I can actively sell/buy them.

Mr.G

You can always buy bonds off the secondary market. Bond investing is 10 times easier than stock investing. When we learn fundamental analysis first we learn bond investing then stock investing.

vicky_ag

You can always buy bonds off the secondary market. Bond investing is 10 times easier than stock investing. When we learn fundamental analysis first we learn bond investing then stock investing.
Yea, that could be better. Just how do I go about doing that. Are they available with brokers like Sharekhan/IIFL? Also any tips where can I start learning the fundamental analysis so as to start in this field? Cause it really sounds like easy money (if they are easier than stocks :D)

Mr.G

Well there are two things, Buy security analysis by benjamin graham. There is a whole topic on Fixed Income. And yes, bonds can be bought from brokers and all, they are traded on NSE aswell. No need to buy when they are issued. People even try to have capital gains from bond investing by timing interest rate movement by RBI. Basically its easier than stock investing in the sense that in comparison to technical analysis where you can plan the whole trade by looking at one chart, here you will have to look at several documents. Fundamental analysis for the retail investor is almost impossible in its true sense. Only a investment analyst or CFA can help you. If you would like to learn by yourself, Go ahead and learn what really drives the stock market.

I think we should have more liquid funds converted to ETFs. So investors can park there money in them and even use them as margin when required. Due to monopoly in market Liquid bees is getting away with bad performance. When most of the liquid funds are giving 9% return liquid bees is coming around 7%.