Beware of MF Schemes!

I have been receiving calls & SMSs for investments in MF schemes with whopping returns. When I ask them to give brochures or links for their websites for their schemes, I am told that there are none available, and, insist on clarifying things themselves over phone.
One example is, invest 20k per annum for 3 years and get a return of 120k after 3 years! That is actually a 39% p.a. cumulative return. Some even say, these are assured returns! I am sure our members know what this value is! The agents also say that the markets have come down so much, and, it will not go down much and expected to move up giving this whopping returns possible. BEWARE!

I have been receiving calls & SMSs for investments in MF schemes with whopping returns. When I ask them to give brochures or links for their websites for their schemes, I am told that there are none available, and, insist on clarifying things themselves over phone.
One example is, invest 20k per annum for 3 years and get a return of 120k after 3 years! That is actually a 39% p.a. cumulative return. Some even say, these are assured returns! I am sure our members know what this value is! The agents also say that the markets have come down so much, and, it will not go down much and expected to move up giving this whopping returns possible. BEWARE!
I agree with ur comments. SEBI shud do s'thing b4 these AMCs trap innocent customers!
mr india

Hi
i would just like to add here that it is not the AMCs who misguide investors but the agents or financial advisers who go about making fool of the gullible investors. infact AMCs hardly ever interact directly with the investors to canvass for investments.

Ask that person to give it in writing. They will not call you back. :clap: