Best Option Strategy for multiple markets

Which strategy or combination of this works in all markets

• Total voters

sunbim31

I am looking for a similar excel sheet to maintain my option trades.Can you share the one you have made ? Has it been linked to NSE to get Rt data ?
You can PM me.

Dear Blachole,
No update since a long time. Could you please let us know about the findings of your analysis. It will be really helpful to zero in on some of the best strategies.

Blackhole

Dear Blachole,
No update since a long time. Could you please let us know about the findings of your analysis. It will be really helpful to zero in on some of the best strategies.
well, i am doing real trades on it.... do adjustments based on situations. sometimes i loose, sometime i break even...some times i win.....its a journey of many strategies in different market conditions and how u handle them. strategies gives u enuf time to think and act upon instead of getting panic reactions from active trade.

after month or two uptrend or downtrend get into straddle(sold) manage it till ur target do not hold til end of expiry, if needed long strangle or sell strangle.... condors /iron condors work well in sideways market still needs adjustments to improve profit or to break even or minimize losses.

thanks

You made a good point so there is nothing like best strategy. There are different strategies as per different market conditions. But some of the better one looks like mentioned by you short/long strangle, condor and straddle.
So by your experience, can profit be made in the long run if someone gain more experience and becomes comfortable about option strategies including their adjustment.

Thanks In Advance!

Blackhole

You made a good point so there is nothing like best strategy. There are different strategies as per different market conditions. But some of the better one looks like mentioned by you short/long strangle, condor and straddle.
So by your experience, can profit be made in the long run if someone gain more experience and becomes comfortable about option strategies including their adjustment.

Thanks In Advance!
yes, absolutely....holy grail in not strategy, a good trade or money or market....its U! ur capital! ur trading skills!

There are many strategies and all work well during its usage time.......adjustments are needed to handle the adverse situation......some times other strategy can be used to save one strategy .........but yes with good capital requirement!

during rainy days we wear raincoat, use umbrella same costume or setup cannot be used on summer or winter , right?...it will be foolish,laughing stock, it wont protect u, + loss of time,resources and if we fell ill then recovery time mental block.

But raincoat umbrella wont help u in heavy pouring stormy rainfall????......nature teaches us....understand the season, set the setup for the same, set the setup if u r right and same for wrong. it will help u stay alive afloat retain ur capital or improve ur capital and help u take more bets in future... when right time comes in u would collect more point and in adverse situation u will kepp ur losses to minimum.....

gist of the story is u need to be in market to get good trades...to catch good trades we have to get into wrong time but who will tell u which time is not good for u......ur experience of trading and usage of strategies and observation of the same.

hope this does not bored u to death.......bakwass gyan....

happy trading

Last edited:

bunti_k23

yes, absolutely....holy grail in not strategy, a good trade or money or market....its U! ur capital! ur trading skills!

There are many strategies and all work well during its usage time.......adjustments are needed to handle the adverse situation......some times other strategy can be used to save one strategy .........but yes with good capital requirement!

during rainy days we wear raincoat, use umbrella same costume or setup cannot be used on summer or winter , right?...it will be foolish,laughing stock, it wont protect u, + loss of time,resources and if we fell ill then recovery time mental block.

But raincoat umbrella wont help u in heavy pouring stormy rainfall????......nature teaches us....understand the season, set the setup for the same, set the setup if u r right and same for wrong. it will help u stay alive afloat retain ur capital or improve ur capital and help u take more bets in future... when right time comes in u would collect more point and in adverse situation u will kepp ur losses to minimum.....

gist of the story is u need to be in market to get good trades...to catch good trades we have to get into wrong time but who will tell u which time is not good for u......ur experience of trading and usage of strategies and observation of the same.

happy trading
:)With everything happening today
You don't know whether you're coming or going
But you think that you're on your way
Life lined up on the mirror don't blow it

Look at me when I'm talkin' to you
You looking at me but I'm lookin' through you
I see the blood in your eyes
I see the love in disguise
I see the pain hidden in your pride
I see you're not satisfied
And I don't see nobody else
I see myself I'm looking at the

Mirror on the wall, here we are again
Through my rise and fall
You've been my only friend
You told me that they can understand the man I am
So why are we here talkin' to each other again............:D

pannet1

happy trading
Hi blackhole,

its a interesting research you are doing. i just wanted to know which according to you is the more reliable (the least loss making) strategy. profits are OK even if they are small.

for example in a test period of 1 year can you list the no of losing months of each strategy.

short straddle - 3
iron condor - 2
short strangle - 1

Hi blackhole,

its a interesting research you are doing. i just wanted to know which according to you is the more reliable (the least loss making) strategy. profits are OK even if they are small.

for example in a test period of 1 year can you list the no of losing months of each strategy.

short straddle - 3
iron condor - 2
short strangle - 1
pannet,
I am not sure if there can be a fix answer to your question. It's again depend upon the market condition during that 1 year testing period. All the strategies you mentioned will be profitable if market remains range bound and vega is decreasing during that period. As all these strategies benefit from decreasing vega But if the market move one sided then there might be loss in all these. So the real thing is how these are going to be adjusted in one sided movement.
This is what i thought. May be Blackhole can make us understand better and he can give
the numbers as you have asked.