Best delivery broker recommendations for rare/less trading.

Hi Experts,

I'm new to the trading world and want to try out my luck with delivery trading. I saw many posts on people asking for good brokers, but most posts are old. So asking the same question again, pardon me for that.

I'm looking for broker with good online terminal.
Analysis or charts i don't need as i will be holding shares for a while.
Good linking with ICICI bank account.

I see that ICICIDirect is good but has high brokrage and mantainance charges.

Sharekhan is great but it seems to be more for experts and has mantainance charges of Rs. 400.

I am inclinded towards IndiaBulls, because of No annual mantainance charges ( not sure if it's no mantanance for both demat and trading account)

So what do you guys suggest is good to go with... sharekhan or indiabulls in terms of ease of money transfer from ICICI bank account, and annual mantainance charges and considering that i will be using the account less frequently.

Thanks,
Vishal.

toingpoing

Try RKGLOBAL.They have very attractive brokerage deals and have link with ICICI for funds transfer.India Bulls and Sharekhan are very expensive.Happy Trading!

vikrit

Hi Experts,

I'm new to the trading world and want to try out my luck with delivery trading. I saw many posts on people asking for good brokers, but most posts are old. So asking the same question again, pardon me for that.

I'm looking for broker with good online terminal.
Analysis or charts i don't need as i will be holding shares for a while.
Good linking with ICICI bank account.

I see that ICICIDirect is good but has high brokrage and mantainance charges.

Sharekhan is great but it seems to be more for experts and has mantainance charges of Rs. 400.

I am inclinded towards IndiaBulls, because of No annual mantainance charges ( not sure if it's no mantanance for both demat and trading account)

So what do you guys suggest is good to go with... sharekhan or indiabulls in terms of ease of money transfer from ICICI bank account, and annual mantainance charges and considering that i will be using the account less frequently.

Thanks,
Vishal.
IMO, for delivery based trading, brokerage doesn't matter, anything under 0.2 is ok. as you are going to buy shares, you have to pay some AMC irrespective of broker, some charge 250, some 400. some brokers (including sharekhan) can waive off depending on the account size & turnover. for brokerage & charges you need to negotiate.

i have accounts with sharekhan & zerodha, i will suggest sharekhan for delivery. dont go for online ones if will trade delivery basis. reasons-

1. if having branch at your place, then can visit office if facing any problem/issue/requirement. IF any techinal problem, and you are not that much technical, they can visit your place & solve it personally. if not comfortable with internet banking, they will collect cheque.

2. call-n-trade, this is imp b/c internet failure, electricity failure can happens or also need it while travelling. (rk, zerodha & other online ones charge for call-n-trade)

3. can tell dealer/rm to inform you when certain level reach or when you are traveling & cant access terminal/net then can know prices/news (all types of info).

2 & 3 are imp requirement for delivery purposes, so if going for any other than sharekhan then confirm these are available and also what are the charges.

note- never trade according to brokers' or anybody's tips.

Thanks vikrit, for your detailed explanation...really appriciate...

I now realise that for the kind of trading that i wish to do (delivery type and not so frequently) brokerage around .2 is just fine.

Regarding the online trading, i'm comfortable with online trading because my job keeps me in front of the computer about 10-11 hours a day :) and also, the internet does not go down and also backup is no issue there...

Also going through a lot of posts I realize that ShareKhan is among the best and reliable, but the no annual mantainance charges of Indiabulls and their bragging about least brokerage charges amongst brokers, fascinate me :)

So I would be really thankful if someone could share experience with Indiabulls in terms of:
1. ease of use of their online terminal
2. money transfer from ICICI bank.

vikrit

Also going through a lot of posts I realize that ShareKhan is among the best and reliable, but the no annual mantainance charges of Indiabulls and their bragging about least brokerage charges amongst brokers, fascinate me :)

So I would be really thankful if someone could share experience with Indiabulls in terms of:
1. ease of use of their online terminal
2. money transfer from ICICI bank.
icici bank is crap. never think about it, if really want to trade profitably & comfortably.

i have used many terminals, but no broker in india having anything near mt4.
in terms of ease, sharekhan's tradetiger is good.

as per my friend who is executive at indiabulls, they dont charge amc in first year. from 2nd year they do. so, read all conditions before opening a/c
(same at sharekhan, for new a/c they dont charge in first year.)

sharekhan can give you min 0.10 brokerage for delivery depends on turnover & amount you will deposit.

about broker's experiences traderji having many threads, read them.