Beginner's Orientation- Sharing Experiences On Technical Analysis Two Day Seminar

Dearest Traderji and sh50,
I am noone to comment on the utilities of this article.But I felt that it is my duty to bring it back to everyone's notice.
Hope each and everyone reads this article (Pages--1,2,3)and act accordingly.
Regards,
joy_mitali

Joy,
Had read them as and when they appeared.....but was great reading from start to end.Tons of wisdom from Traderji....Thanx for bringing it to attention.

VRAM said:
Is there anybody who makes profit purely thru intra day trading every day and consistently? I am yet to come across such a person. Every body says it is the toughest job. Does it mean that there are no single successful guy who is intra day trading and making a living out of it? Or are there successful peoply but wont reveal the secret? I am perplexed.

Intraday trading depends on the Luck as a Lottery prize.Chance is there to loose money than earning.So stop such trading.Buy best shares whenever a downfall.Keep it for some week.Sell when you get proft 5% per week.Or sell when profit 10% per month.Then wait for a buying period.Thats all.
See, no body makes money without sharing the profit with others.

bsnl1599 said:
Intraday trading depends on the Luck as a Lottery prize.Chance is there to loose money than earning.So stop such trading.Buy best shares whenever a downfall.Keep it for some week.Sell when you get proft 5% per week.Or sell when profit 10% per month.Then wait for a buying period.Thats all.
See, no body makes money without sharing the profit with others.
I know of many intraday players who make money ,and massive amounts at that,only daytrading.......let's not inadvertently and ignorantly bracket their efforts under the words Luck and Lottery.

Anyway,all the best!

Saint

Luck, or call it what you will - Fate, Providence, Blessings, Karma, Unexplainable - does, I believe, play its part in trading successes as it does in any other aspect of life, not more, not less. Luck alone can never help anyone achieve success consistently.

We would not attribute our successes in life, except in gambling, lotterry and accidents, entirely to luck. Hard work, intelligence, discipline, vision and experience plays a vital role in our successes. The same goes for Day-trading too.

pksam

Traderji said:
Trailing Stop Loss

A trailing stop-loss order is a stoploss order in which the stop loss price is set at some fixed percentage below the current market price.

If the market price rises, the stop loss price rises proportionately, but if the stock price falls, the stop loss price doesn't change.

This robust stoploss technique allows an investor to set a limit on the maximum possible loss without setting a limit on the maximum possible gain, and without requiring paying attention to the investment on an ongoing basis.

The trailing stop-loss order is continually adjusted based on market volatility and trend always keeps at a certain distance to the market price.

I personally use the TradersEdgeIndia.com trend trading indicator as a trailing stoploss indicator for all my trades.

Please see attached chart of how I was able to hold on to my long position in an uncertain market condition.

As can seen on the chart the magenta coloured dotted line is a trailing stoploss and it trails the stock at a distance moving only in the direction of the profitable trend.

This stoploss either only moves up or sideways to help you lock in as much profits as possible.
Can't find the product mentioned on their product list

VRAM said:
Is there anybody who makes profit purely thru intra day trading every day and consistently? I am yet to come across such a person. Every body says it is the toughest job. Does it mean that there are no single successful guy who is intra day trading and making a living out of it? Or are there successful peoply but wont reveal the secret? I am perplexed.
Well, I am a daytrader and daytrader by choice as well as compulsion.Though I have yet to achieve significant profits in this arena, I could not resist myself from writing overe here.

Well, day-trading is certainly not a lottery, it involves an armour of skills, tools and most importantly their application. Indicators--Yes, they do work but you need to keep your stop-loss pretty tight. One always need to trade in multiple time frames. Following a stock--Good till it's giving you profits, but till the time daytrading comes handy to you--it's better to avoid changing directions, may hit you hard. One should only change direction when the trend has reversed completely.

Again, in day-trading, if the trader has failed to catch a break-out in the very early stage, he should stay away otherwise he may end up buying/selling in overbought/oversold territory.

News is one area, a day-trader has to be very alert about. But one caveat is--Don't take action on TV/website news--They flash only when the action has taken place, One must watch the technical indicators after hearing the news and act. Rather one classical wisdom is--" Buy on Rumor and sell on News".

Yes, the traditional methods do fail in day-trading or sometimes one is never able to catch the moving fishes. The charting softwares need to be replaced by or assisted by some new breed of softwares which alert the users on parameters like volume break-outs, market makers' moves, Range-bound moves,etc. I am compling a list of items I would like in my software and perhaps 5 yrs down the line, my friends on the forum can use it. :)

And finally, yes there are traders who are well-off after being fully engaged in day-trading.
Reagrding, the brokers making money from jobbing and day-trading ---- They have a methodology which works for them only is doing what they have been doing for ages--- Playing the spreads. The are still applying the art learned during the historical period of Pit-trading to their benefit. However, it can't work for a trader 'coz of brokerage cost involved. Even the brokers are finding it difficult to sustain the spread play due to increasing transaction costs like stamp duty and STT. And yes, they do overtrade-- A broker will do 400 transactions per day playing the spread but he will never wait for technicals to tell him that the trend is still intact, resistance is at so-n-so level, till the time, market is above so and so level, it's just a correction. He will book loss (a small one), will ride the pullback (make some money over there) and will jump the wagon once again, the trend resumes. And when it comes to returns, if transaction costs are met while playing the spread game, Return on Investment(ROI) is more than what all the other kind of traders/investors can dream about only.

Hope, this is not a bad post.

Best Regards,
--Ashish

Saint said:
I know of many intraday players who make money ,and massive amounts at that,only daytrading.......let's not inadvertently and ignorantly bracket their efforts under the words Luck and Lottery.

Anyway,all the best!

Saint
hi, u seem to be in the company of winners.hope u have privillage of sharing their sucsses formula.pl.share their modus operandies with us.it has potential of winning 5 star rating.