Basic questions on demat acc & no. of shares

Hello,
Im a newbie and planning to invest a very very small amount of my earning into trading. Apologize if my queries are repeated,in case they are already answered elsewhere please guide me to the relevant thread.

1. I have a HDFC and a citibank savings account. Can i open a demat with HDFC and a trading account with zerodha? Else any suggestions?

2. Is there any limitation like minimum number of shares that should be traded (both intra-day and delivery) for high vlaue companies (like Reliance,TCS etc) i.e can i buy/sell even 1 share of any XYZ company?

3. Do we have to pre-pay any amount into demat account before trading with trading account?

thanks

Prataap_2013

2. Is there any limitation like minimum number of shares that should be traded (both intra-day and delivery) for high vlaue companies (like Reliance,TCS etc) i.e can i buy/sell even 1 share of any XYZ company?

3. Do we have to pre-pay any amount into demat account before trading with trading account?

thanks
Giving example of HDFC. When I select stocks for making intraday trade, a "hold" is placed on money in my bank a/c. These trades are closed by 2:45 pm and afterwards the "hold" on my funds is released.

If I have made profit, exactly that amount is credited to my savings a/c, and if loss then that is debited. And obviously in both cases brokerage has to be paid.

Amount of funds on "hold" depends on the stock and number of shares.

Giving example of HDFC. When I select stocks for making intraday trade, a "hold" is placed on money in my bank a/c. These trades are closed by 2:45 pm and afterwards the "hold" on my funds is released.

If I have made profit, exactly that amount is credited to my savings a/c, and if loss then that is debited. And obviously in both cases brokerage has to be paid.

Amount of funds on "hold" depends on the stock and number of shares.
You better choose a discount broker, for your trades like erodha, RKSV, SASOnline etc. There you will pay not only very less amount of brokerage but also you can continue your intraday trade till 3.15 pm or so.

Being a NRI i came to know that i cannot do Intraday trading, can any please suggest than what and how can i do trading. They (Broker like zerodha, sherkhan) are taking about PIS/ PINS which i cannot understand totally. Can somebody please advise on this in simple language. Googling is just coming up with lot of terminology.

Prataap_2013

You better choose a discount broker, for your trades like erodha, RKSV, SASOnline etc. There you will pay not only very less amount of brokerage but also you can continue your intraday trade till 3.15 pm or so.
I don't do much intraday. Hamesha mooh ki khata hoon!

For investors HDFC is fine. I also like the HDFC Securities app.