Bakwaas Trading

need to start this new thread because the other thread runs into pages of trades, and it's a pain to search...
But this thread will soon overflow...as all of us have many "bakwaas trades " har colour, har size aur har design wale bakwas trades....

Smart_trade

VJAY

Majority of the people here, including me, think that my trading style is bakwaas. So.
Ohh ...as St da said we all trades bakwas trades ....style might be change...but we all do the same :)

augubhai

Adds have not worked for me (because my style is all wrong)

Nothing much has changed since this post on Valentine's Day. Same old, same old.
http://www.traderji.com/trading-diary/77732-augubhais-notes-smarts-guts-luck-61.html#post772200

A few things that may have changed are in small font...
Got to work on this "Add" or Pile-on" business. My adds are mostly pile-ons - that means, when I add I usually double or more than double my existing position. So the impact of that last add is always big.

Advantages of adds:
1. Give me additional profits when I get them right
2. I can scale-in slowly, and take minimal risk on my initial position
3. Allows me to dream. One of my dreams is that I get 1 move with all adds right, and pile-on my full trading capital in the move. And then the market just zooms in my direction, and the money multiplies x multiplies x multiplies x multiplies..... Wow!!

Disadvantages:
1. I almost never book profit on the last add... which is usually the big one. That add is only there to pull down my profit. (But you know, the add before that was the last add a few seconds back)
2. Adds force me to tighten my SL, and sometimes exit early from good move.
3. Difficult to manage multiple adds. If the move is quick (which is when i add more), I am sometimes clueless about the current position including adds.

Need to put thought on this add business.... should I minus the adds from my trading. Probably be thinking about that this weekend...

VJAY

Adds have not worked for me (because my style is all wrong)

Nothing much has changed since this post on Valentine's Day. Same old, same old.
http://www.traderji.com/trading-diary/77732-augubhais-notes-smarts-guts-luck-61.html#post772200

A few things that may have changed are in small font...
Dear augubhai,
How about adding 1/2 with inetial pos?eg if ur inetial pos is 2 lots then add with 1 lot each only....(Thanks and remembering our SAINT sir on this scaling)
If ur inetial pos is big one then....decrease wise...eg 20-10-5-2-1...

Add or not to add, depends entirely on your trading method.

For scalping time frames mostly 50% scale-out will work better. for swing trades add will definitely give much better returns.

But lets forget all these thumb rules, this decision should be made purely based on our trading log.

Our ledger does not lie, if it shows adding to position is piling bigger loses then there can be no argument in favor of scale-ins.

Happy :)