Bad Experience: Cleartax.in

chintan786

hi,

I am salaried class person and doing F & O trading in stocks.In Last year fY 2013-14 I incurred some losses. So when it come to filing IT return, I come to know tht I require to get my losses certified from CA.

After that I come to know clear Tax site where they have their plans for Capital gains having Fee Rs1500.

I contacted their customer care through Email and asked regarding which documents will be required, how things get done and all tht. They said after paying Rs. 1500/- their CA team will contact me and let me know how things proceed.

So I bought their CA assisted plan for Rs. 1500/- (whose no receipt was provided).

After tht their CA contacted me through Email and gave me list of documents i need to provided them. I gave them all the documents and after tht there is no email for 3-4 days from their end. When Contacted today they are saying I need to deposit further Rs 1085/- because ITR - 4 is required to file in my case.

I don't know what to do now.

Please advice.

Regards,

Chintan

mmca2006

hi,

I am salaried class person and doing F & O trading in stocks.In Last year fY 2013-14 I incurred some losses. So when it come to filing IT return, I come to know tht I require to get my losses certified from CA.

After that I come to know clear Tax site where they have their plans for Capital gains having Fee Rs1500.

I contacted their customer care through Email and asked regarding which documents will be required, how things get done and all tht. They said after paying Rs. 1500/- their CA team will contact me and let me know how things proceed.

So I bought their CA assisted plan for Rs. 1500/- (whose no receipt was provided).

After tht their CA contacted me through Email and gave me list of documents i need to provided them. I gave them all the documents and after tht there is no email for 3-4 days from their end. When Contacted today they are saying I need to deposit further Rs 1085/- because ITR - 4 is required to file in my case.

I don't know what to do now.

Please advice.

Regards,

Chintan
Why don't you personally contact CA in your locality for such certification ? . If you get your accounts certified by fake CA , it is same as unaudited return .Contact CA personally , provide him required documents , take Audit report and request him to state his MEMBERSHIP NUMBER provided by ICAI in Audit report along with his/her signature.You can verify his membership no .from website of ICAI.
The fees which you have mentioned is too low :confused:, return filling including CA certification charges for small assessee varies 5000/- to 20000/- depending on location . Take care.

chintan786

Why don't you personally contact CA in your locality for such certification ? . If you get your accounts certified by fake CA , it is same as unaudited return .Contact CA personally , provide him required documents , take Audit report and request him to state his MEMBERSHIP NUMBER provided by ICAI in Audit report along with his/her signature.You can verify his membership no .from website of ICAI.
The fees which you have mentioned is too low :confused:, return filling including CA certification charges for small assessee varies 5000/- to 20000/- depending on location . Take care.
yes the fees is low but should have told me before hand. This is not the way someone should do this. and what is the guarantee they will do this then.
I asking for refund and they are not bothering to reply even.

Before going to cleartax I contacted 3 CAs in my locality but none of them had done this kind of work. so i tried with cleartax.

Anyways here it is my experience. Anyone on this forum plz think twice before going with cleartax.

yes the fees is low but should have told me before hand. This is not the way someone should do this. and what is the guarantee they will do this then.
I asking for refund and they are not bothering to reply even.

Before going to cleartax I contacted 3 CAs in my locality but none of them had done this kind of work. so i tried with cleartax.

Anyways here it is my experience. Anyone on this forum plz think twice before going with cleartax.
That is bad business practice. They should have told you beforehand.

We have to file returns in ITR -4 and this form is pretty lengthy and complicated. So ours is not simple ITR -1 case which needs only e filing but ours needs some entries by CA, Audit etc...so take help of some CA who understands share accounting. Our accounting also is a bit different...so all dont understand...

There are some softwares available in the market which do auto uploading of contracts...so that we get tax statements which can be given to CA to expedite the job.

Good luck as we have to do this routine every year July/Sept depending on audit requirement.

Smart_trade

Smart_trade, can you name the auto uploading software names?
www.directshares.in

also mprofit is another software..they advertise in TJ....

I know someone using directshare and he is happy with that software...it gives turnover ,short term profits,long term profits,business profits as per IT norms..contracts auto uploaded...and full years job can he done in few hours.

ST

chintan786

update:

Thanks No1Lives.. the links posted by you comes handy(on another forum).

* From yesterday I sent 2-3 mails to cleartax but no one was responding. So posted on Archit's FB page but again no response.

* Today I contacted him on his Twitter handle and he told me to email him the details.

* I mailed him 4-5 times from all email ids of mine none able to make him(strange)

* At last I posted the link of this thread. Things started working in a sec.

* Archit Gupta Himself called me and said sorry. It was all their fault. He will look into it. He said their staff told wrong plan to me. They will refund the amount. It will take 1 week.

* Archit said if we want to continue then pay Rs. 6500/- + Taxes. to which I declined.

Regards,

Vikkas

I am in the same boat. Being salaried and trading in FnO, i opted for Cleartax Gold services and paid 2000rs. the initial response was awesome and when i sent the documents, they told me that i have to upgrade it to business tier 2 plan and pay additional 6500rs/-. Now I am trying to backoff and have not yet got any response/refund. Now i dont know how to recover the amount