Auto-Refreshing Excel file

Thanks Prabhu53 for the link to download Trade Tiger.

There are certainly more features in Trade Tiger compared to Speedtrade, especially EOD charting. They have also incorporated extra TA features like trendlines, retracement lines, etc. which are all great.

I also thank roondg for letting us know about Trade Tiger.

But what about auto-refreshing the data in excel? You can still import the data into excel in Trade Tiger pretty much the same way as Speedtrade does, but how to refresh the data in excel.

Yes Pattel, "you could easily write a macro to refresh the excel by opening or importing the refreshed data", but can you please let me know the steps for writting out the macro please? I don't have the requisite knowledge so I'll be really grateful if you can let me know the steps in layman language.

The data from the chart, in both Speedtrade and Trade Tiger, can be saved into Excel, but I have to save it again and again. With a auto-refreshing or some auto-saving thing, we can have the data refreshed in Excel without manual intervention.

Can it be done?

Chandan

Pattel

Yes Pattel, "you could easily write a macro to refresh the excel by opening or importing the refreshed data", but can you please let me know the steps for writting out the macro please? I don't have the requisite knowledge so I'll be really grateful if you can let me know the steps in layman language.

The data from the chart, in both Speedtrade and Trade Tiger, can be saved into Excel, but I have to save it again and again. With a auto-refreshing or some auto-saving thing, we can have the data refreshed in Excel without manual intervention.

Can it be done?

Chandan
As i said earlier i wasn't sure what you are trying to acheive by downloading data from the sharekhan and viewing it in excel.

1. If you are going to look for trend and price movement you can do it in tigertrade itself.

2. If you are trying to save intra day data then you have to do it once in a day, end of the day and import it into a TA software. (To answer your question partly i didn't find a way to save data from sharekhan charts to csv.
Someone who knows how to handle java applets(not me!) might give us some clue but the data isn't available directly anywhere)

Writing macro is vb programing, if you have vb on you machine open excel tools-->MAcro>Visual basic editor will take you the vb editor. You could record a macro by what you want to do on a excel sheet and then edit to macro to make it generic.
------------------------------------------------------
(I'm saving the data from chart manually(not all but the one's i'm intrested on) and importing it to Fibotrader manually)

Dear pattel,
i am extremely sorry for the delay in replying to you.I am really happy you took time off to adress my concern.I am basically looking to import data to excel and eventually to amibroker as this would make me less dependent on data providers.
Sincerely appreciate your time.

As i said earlier i wasn't sure what you are trying to acheive by downloading data from the sharekhan and viewing it in excel.

1. If you are going to look for trend and price movement you can do it in tigertrade itself.

2. If you are trying to save intra day data then you have to do it once in a day, end of the day and import it into a TA software. (To answer your question partly i didn't find a way to save data from sharekhan charts to csv.
Someone who knows how to handle java applets(not me!) might give us some clue but the data isn't available directly anywhere)

Writing macro is vb programing, if you have vb on you machine open excel tools-->MAcro>Visual basic editor will take you the vb editor. You could record a macro by what you want to do on a excel sheet and then edit to macro to make it generic.
------------------------------------------------------
(I'm saving the data from chart manually(not all but the one's i'm intrested on) and importing it to Fibotrader manually)

Pattel

Dear pattel,
i am extremely sorry for the delay in replying to you.I am really happy you took time off to adress my concern.I am basically looking to import data to excel and eventually to amibroker as this would make me less dependent on data providers.
Sincerely appreciate your time.
I do the same. This is what i do.

1. download .csv from sharekhan charts
2. Use text pad macro's to add the missing info for my TA software like date, name of the share (and infact sharekhan download misses a "," for a data when it downloads).
3. Then i import into my TA software Fibotrader.

I don't know if the macro's of text pad gets stored somewhere if i find i'll share it with you. But it's a free ware and u could easily figure out the text pad macro.

I'm looking to automate the download and import into Fibo, I'm sure second part is doable but first part needs some java applet expertise which i don't have.

Hi Chandan,

I'm not familiar with sharekhan's speedtrade, but i'll try 2 giv u a solution. Does speedtrade create the csv (or any other format ) file automatically? If so, u can import that into excel like this:

1. Open a blank excel worksheet
2. From menu bar click -Data-->Import external data
3. Select the file created by speedtrade
4. Complete the import process in excel. After this the data will get loaded in excel.
5. If "External Data" tool bar is not visible in ur menu bar, select it by going to --View--->Toolbars
6. In "External data" toolbar, select "Data Range Properties" icon.
7. When the dialog box opens, under "Refresh Control" select refresh frequency.

Hope this solution helps u.

Regards
Raj

Hi,

thanks for helping out.
but in that Data Range Properties least time for refresh in 1 min.
cant we reduce it further.