any TD deMark countdown to point 13 ?

ptk

Huge advantage Dan, this method identifies price exhaustion very accurately. The recent low in Nifty was perfectly identified by this method and it has mechanical way of counting.Also Nifty over 9200 top was indicated.It works in commodities, forex,bonds,stocks and indices.These signals have over 70 % success rate and reward to risk ratio of 4 or 5:1 or more.The recent bottom I had posted in real time in our forum.

These systems are in public domain and many large funds use if for their trading/investments. These are long term systems so we get a signal in 4-6 months but the precision with which it identifies price exhaustion and reversal is very good.

I have benefited hugely by these methods.

Smart_trade
Dear Smart_trade,

I clearly remember you had warned about a fall when the market was at 9200 level. I also clearly remember you had suggested to buy for the long term when the market was at 7800 levels. I had even thought of sending you a note asking you how you are so accurately able to predict it. I felt so confident with your words and at the same time felt extremely fearful as to what will happen if you stoping posting from tomorrow. Your views have always helped me though I havent explicitely mentioned this to you about it.

you have even shared the script for the green/yellow arrows for the 13th bar. I am horrible in using the script but I really want to use it, I have a feq queries about the same:-
1. It is an afl to be used in amibroker.
2. Is daily chart enough for this script and long term trends in general because I havent purchased any data.
3. I have no idea how ot use it in amibroker, any link of how to do it will be really helpful.

I would like to mention again that you truely are my hero and I will repeat that when I think about you, Warren Buffett comes to my mind.

Regards,
ptk

mastermind007

Yes as I told you this does not give Countdown markings but on 13 th countdown it gives yellow arrow and green arrow indicating that it is a 13th countdown bar. If you check manually ,then the marking is on correct 13 CD bar.

Smart_trade
Isn't yellow arrow very hard to see on white background?

mastermind007

//TD Buy Setup "Perfection"
TDBS_P = (L <= Ref(L, -2) & L <= Ref(L, -3)) | (Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(L, -2) & Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(L, -3));

//TD Sell Setup "Perfection"
TDSS_P = (H >= Ref(H, -2) & H >= Ref(H, -3)) | (Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(H, -2) & Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(H, -3));

TD Buy Setup “Perfection” rule as mentioned in the Jason perl book
The low of bars eight or nine of the TD Buy Setup or a subsequent low must be less than, or equal to, the lows of bars six and seven of the TD Buy Setup.

IMHO, the above formula needs some improving

1) It merges the rule meant for two separate candles into one

2) There is no provision to ensure that this check happens only for the 8th or the 9th candle or those that follow.

3) If for some reason, the perfection gets delayed, the value against which Low gets compared will no longer be from 6th or 7th bar.

mastermind007

Code with perfection counting revised. To be tested.

Original requirement is The low of bar 8 or bar 9 or bars following them needs to be low the low of bar 6 and bar 7.

This requirement can also be re-stated that

A buy setup is perfected when at least one bar, starting from count 8, has a low that is less than or equal to lowest low from amongst the low of bar 6 and low of bar 7.

This new (and equivalent?) logic is what is being attempted to implement here

UP = C > Ref(C, -4);
DN = C < Ref(C, -4);

//TD Buy Setup
BuyCount = Sum(DN, 9);
BuySetup = (BuyCount == 9) AND Ref(UP, -10);

//TD Sell Setup
SellCount = Sum(UP, 9);
TDSellSetup = (SellCount == 9) AND Ref(DN, -10);

//TD Buy Setup "Perfection"
PL = IIF(SUM(DN,7) == 7 AND Ref(UP, -8), ValueWhen(BuyCount == 7, LLV(L, 2)), Null);
TDBS_P = Flip((BuyCount >= 8) AND (L <= PL), UP);
// Instead of TDBS_P = (L <= Ref(L, -2) & L <= Ref(L, -3)) | (Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(L, -2) & Ref(L, -1) <= Ref(L, -3));

//TD Sell Setup "Perfection"
PH = IIF(SUM(UP,7) == 7 AND Ref(DN, -8), ValueWhen(BuyCount == 7, HHV(H, 2)), Null);
TDSS_P = Flip((SellCount >= 8) AND (H >= PH), DN);
// Instead of TDSS_P = (H >= Ref(H, -2) & H >= Ref(H, -3)) | (Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(H, -2) & Ref(H, -1) >= Ref(H, -3));

Last edited:
The code for printing the Intersection numbers is very easy, but results in a v v cluttered chart :D

Add the following to the end of code . . .

Code:
ShowIntersecNum = ParamToggle("Intersection Numbers","Hide|Show",1);
if(ShowIntersecNum) {
PlotShapes(IIf(Sell13Count==1, shapeDigit1,
IIf(Sell13Count==2, shapeDigit2,
IIf(Sell13Count==3, shapeDigit3,
IIf(Sell13Count==4, shapeDigit4,
IIf(Sell13Count==5, shapeDigit5,
IIf(Sell13Count==6, shapeDigit6,
IIf(Sell13Count==7, shapeDigit7,
IIf(Sell13Count==8, shapeDigit8,
IIf(Sell13Count==9, shapeDigit9,
IIf(Sell13Count==10, shapeDigit0,
IIf(Sell13Count==11, shapeCircle,
IIf(Sell13Count==12, shapeSquare,
IIf(Sell13Count==13, shapeStar,
shapeNone))))))))))))),colorLime, 0, H,18);

PlotShapes(IIf(Buy13Count==1, shapeDigit1,
IIf(Buy13Count==2, shapeDigit2,
IIf(Buy13Count==3, shapeDigit3,
IIf(Buy13Count==4, shapeDigit4,
IIf(Buy13Count==5, shapeDigit5,
IIf(Buy13Count==6, shapeDigit6,
IIf(Buy13Count==7, shapeDigit7,
IIf(Buy13Count==8, shapeDigit8,
IIf(Buy13Count==9, shapeDigit9,
IIf(Buy13Count==10, shapeDigit0,
IIf(Buy13Count==11, shapeCircle,
IIf(Buy13Count==12, shapeSquare,
IIf(Buy13Count==13, shapeStar,
shapeNone))))))))))))),colorOrange,0,L,-18);
}
BTW, any pointers about how to use this system/method of analysis . . .

Thanks

mastermind007

The code for printing the Intersection numbers is very easy, but results in a v v cluttered chart :D

Add the following to the end of code . . .

Code:
ShowIntersecNum = ParamToggle("Intersection Numbers","Hide|Show",1);
if(ShowIntersecNum) {
PlotShapes(IIf(Sell13Count==1, shapeDigit1,
IIf(Sell13Count==2, shapeDigit2,
IIf(Sell13Count==3, shapeDigit3,
IIf(Sell13Count==4, shapeDigit4,
IIf(Sell13Count==5, shapeDigit5,
IIf(Sell13Count==6, shapeDigit6,
IIf(Sell13Count==7, shapeDigit7,
IIf(Sell13Count==8, shapeDigit8,
IIf(Sell13Count==9, shapeDigit9,
IIf(Sell13Count==10, shapeDigit0,
IIf(Sell13Count==11, shapeCircle,
IIf(Sell13Count==12, shapeSquare,
IIf(Sell13Count==13, shapeStar,
shapeNone))))))))))))),colorLime, 0, H,18);

PlotShapes(IIf(Buy13Count==1, shapeDigit1,
IIf(Buy13Count==2, shapeDigit2,
IIf(Buy13Count==3, shapeDigit3,
IIf(Buy13Count==4, shapeDigit4,
IIf(Buy13Count==5, shapeDigit5,
IIf(Buy13Count==6, shapeDigit6,
IIf(Buy13Count==7, shapeDigit7,
IIf(Buy13Count==8, shapeDigit8,
IIf(Buy13Count==9, shapeDigit9,
IIf(Buy13Count==10, shapeDigit0,
IIf(Buy13Count==11, shapeCircle,
IIf(Buy13Count==12, shapeSquare,
IIf(Buy13Count==13, shapeStar,
shapeNone))))))))))))),colorOrange,0,L,-18);
}
BTW, any pointers about how to use this system/method of analysis . . .

Thanks
I would recommend to not use built in shapes as they are not at all suitable in this particular AFL for the exact same reason (gets too cluttered). Dimension of built in shapes is little too big to be useful in Demark's AFL.

Use PlotText method instead, as you will not have deal with made-up symbols to represent numbers above 10.

If you are like me who likes to see only one char below a candle, you can translate countdown numbers to alphabets (a to z). This way has added benefit that the countdown numbering appears visually different on the chart from the setup numbering.

Last edited:

mastermind007

Dr reddy on daily done the 9 and in advanced process of doing the 13?
Has the TD Combo 13th completed today by any chance?

Today I am having "Jaate the Japan, Pahunch gaye Cheen" moment

About two-three years ago, I had written AFL that plotted the TD Sequential and the TD countdown and from the comparisons that I managed to do with other installations at that time, it seemed that I had built a fairly accurate AFL. Took even few trades on it and it was working fine.

Then, without taking any backup of the source code, I attempted to add the TD Combo to the same code and whole hell broke lose. Combo never worked but I caused enough damage to the code to make the Sequential stop completely working.

Had to abandon the whole thing after body started screaming for far too many late nights before a computer ...

After doing completely nothing on Demark for two years, I re-read the Demark and Perl books, I decide one more try but decided to give up on the combo altogether and just re-build the sequential.

Now, as I write this, an Almost picture perfect COMBO staring down at me from the chart and it seems that it is mocking at me.

Sequential does not work as yet. I did have few screen shots from past and none of them have yet tallied.

Numbers indicate the setup count from 1 to 9. Alphabets indicate the countdown from 1 to 13 (a is 1, b is 2 etc; Capital N is 13).

As I write this, a question comes to mind, Have I stumbled upon how the Combo was originally born at the Demark factory?