Anticipatory v/s Reactionary Trading

Is trading your primary source of income? If yes, which style do you follow?

• Anticipatory Trading

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Reactionary Trading

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

sudoku1

Why do most traders lose and wash out of the markets??? Emotional and thoughtless trading r 2 reasons.. but ...there is another.....

mkts r set up actually ... so that most traders must lose money......;)

Why do most traders lose and wash out of the markets??? Emotional and thoughtless trading r 2 reasons.. but ...there is another.....

mkts r set up actually ... so that most traders must lose money......;)
Very rightly said. If you had noticed JPASSociates movement on last Friday, the manipulation by bears was evident. The price moving in a range of Rs151-152 rupees for 2.30 hrs, but suddenly was hammered down to 140. Nfty didinot show moch change. After 12.45pm when Nifty started it joumey up till EOD, the price moved to 160 only. Even at 3pm when NIFTY was up by a more than points, JP didnot show good response. Often I notice that JPAsso is not allowed to move in the direction of NIFTY.

Can any one explain this behaviour?

VPS

NOMINDTR

Very rightly said. If you had noticed JPASSociates movement on last Friday, the manipulation by bears was evident. The price moving in a range of Rs151-152 rupees for 2.30 hrs, but suddenly was hammered down to 140. Nfty didinot show moch change. After 12.45pm when Nifty started it joumey up till EOD, the price moved to 160 only. Even at 3pm when NIFTY was up by a more than points, JP didnot show good response. Often I notice that JPAsso is not allowed to move in the direction of NIFTY.

Can any one explain this behaviour?

VPS
I fail to see a logic behind comparing the movements of NIFTY and a scrip like JPAssociates. Though we call "Bulls" & "Bears" for a logical understanding, we may not know who are doing what and for why with a scrip. It need not be a "manipulation" every time. People book profits; long term invested institutions book profit; people sell in huge volume to tally their own positions...possibilities are endless !

The essence of trading lies with coming out with some system that could help us to understand what is happening in the market. I agree, this could be ambitious. But if we understand this, we may refrain from blaming Bulls or Bears for our own trades.

nanu

I fail to see a logic behind comparing the movements of NIFTY and a scrip like JPAssociates. Though we call "Bulls" & "Bears" for a logical understanding, we may not know who are doing what and for why with a scrip. It need not be a "manipulation" every time. People book profits; long term invested institutions book profit; people sell in huge volume to tally their own positions...possibilities are endless !

The essence of trading lies with coming out with some system that could help us to understand what is happening in the market. I agree, this could be ambitious. But if we understand this, we may refrain from blaming Bulls or Bears for our own trades.
yes bro. with u
if one see fridays trade mkt did not went much higher
but i made some good bucks in reliance capital
so IMO line to line correlation is impossible
coz on the same day my friend made good bucks shorting tcs

i think it is individual strenght of each instrument for which traders jump on the board rather relative strength of the scrip with the over all mkt movement
though that has also some effect on a bearish scrip on a bearish day and bullish scrip on a over all uptranding day.
may be i am wrong.

columbus

....many lose because their anticipation is correct but the reaction is against
their anticipation......

I tend to get involved with both types. In general, the best trades I've picked up on tend to be anticipatory (leaning a combination of the two); but the most solid are often reactionary. A parameter that is always useful is to look at news flows relative to PCR and spot prices relative to moving averages. In an oversold market a bit of positive news often creates an exaggerated contrarian move. Citi news in an oversold Dow is a good case in point.

Capricorn

Directional trades would have to be anticipatory to some extent IMO. Only delta neutral corrective trades could qualify as purely reactionary.