Amibroker - Learning how to use

mindgames

BarsSince function

This is a very useful function which is helpful in finding stocks meeting a particular criteria for particular no. of days.

Suppose one wants to trade only stocks quoting above EMA for X no. of days, then he can use this formula to scan for such stocks.

SYNTAX: BarsSince(ARRAY)

1. Asusual ARRAY can be predefined or user defined variable in formula editor.

Example

Filter = 1;
Count = BarsSince (Close > EMA(Close,20);
AddColumn(Count,"Bar count",1.0);

Replicating a chart

In Amibroker, we have multiple worksheets. Sometimes it may happen that we use the same chart on multiple worksheets - eg. price chart in multiple sheets, comparing with RSI, ADX, MACD etc. in their respective sheets.

Let's say you have TLs / support etc. drawn on a sheet. Instead of drawing the same in each of the sheets, do the following:

1. In the original sheet, click on the pane you want to be replicated - eg. Price
2. Edit > Copy
2. Go to the sheet where you want the replicated sheet.
3. Edit > Paste Special
4. Select "Entire chart pane (hard-wired, shared parameters........., same chartID)"

That's it. Now anything you draw on any of the charts will be automatically reflected in the other sheets as well!

The point here is that the chart in each of the sheets will have the same chartID.
Hello Mindgames,

I am trying this but it is not working. After clicking on PANE which I want to get replicated, Edit > Copy is not highlighting. I mean Copy is not possible because that tab is not available to select.

Please help. I am using Amibroker 5.60

Thanks once again for posting such a useful posts

mindgames

Hello Mindgames,

I am trying this but it is not working. After clicking on PANE which I want to get replicated, Edit > Copy is not highlighting. I mean Copy is not possible because that tab is not available to select.

Please help. I am using Amibroker 5.60

Thanks once again for posting such a useful posts
Hi, not sure why you the function is not enabled. BTW, pane = price chart/ indicator chart that you want to copy (not the tab). I just left-click the chart > copy > go to relevant tab and paste special.

Check this: http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2014/10/06/relationship-between-chart-panes/

If this doesn't work, you can write to their support - they are prompt and helpful.