Amibroker - AFL Examples

Hello Bruce,

Amibroker is quite easy to use. All you have to do is go through the user help file of Amibroker and study whatever AFL codes you can get. After a year or so you will not go for any other TA software.

Regards

Saji

Hello,
When i first started using Amibroker three years ago i had a difficult time learning the AFL language and finding suitable codes for successful trading. Over the years I had collected various AFL Codes from different sources.

I am planning to post a few selected ones for new and experienced members using Amibroker. May be experienced members out there can improve on it and post it back for use by all other Amibroker users. Why i am doing this is because i recieve many e-mails from members asking for AFL codes. Of course i have given them all the help i can. So i thought why not post it in the forum itself rather than individual replies.

Any suggestions

Regards

Saji

hi saji oommen,

very good idea to start thread like this wherein v can dicsuss some of the AFL things acording to our need and customising it. Im presently using POWERSCAN to build basic AFL codes.

i want ur help. Im basically trading on GAPS and 1 hr peak break technique. I want 2 write a code where i will get the alert once the todays peak is broken. so as i need not watch it contineouslky hence minimise amibroker and do some other work.

problem im facing is in a 5 min chart, i need to contineously update the value of the variable which holds the peak value.

can u plz help me in this reagrd. i will explain more in detail if cudnt understand my doubt.

regards and thanx in advance

SAtish

Hello sattimes,

I understood the method you are using to trade 5 minutes data. For Alerts you need to draw trend lines and set alerts. This is a tedious process and you may also require sound (WAV) files for audio alerts.

I think i may be having some AFL for Gap trading. Not sure about it. In the mean time you can try the one i have attached. It is good system if used properly. Not all signals may not be valid.So stoploss and money management must. I checked it on todays 5 minute data of Mc dowell, Reliance, tata motors,SBI ( gave good buy signals) and Tisco (sell). This AFL is used only for intraday trading. This AFL requires de Date Time Plugin which is available at Amibroker website Third party area.If you google directional day filter you may find a file detailing the technique of using this AFL for intraday trading.

Kindly note i do not daytrade or use this AFL. But i watch intraday movements.

Regards

Saji

Last edited:
Hello Bruce,

Yes it is Dr.John Clayburg. But what i suggested was there is a e-book of this method very much detailed and very useful. The only problem is that the e-book can be read only using DjVuBrowserPlugin50. You got to google for it download and install it.The name of the book is Four Steps To Tradingsuccess (Clayburg John F.). Chapter 10 of this book deals with Directional filter. Better to read through the book in full. See if you can find it using google. If not let me know.

By the way bruce where are you from Hawai. Just curious.

Regards

Saji

Hello,

Here is another method i have in my library. It is known as 4 MACD System. It can be used by day and swing traders. AFL code is also included. All these AFLs are only to enable new traders to trade stocks using different methods and systems and ulitimately find a method or system that will suit their trading personality and generate profits. Please note none of these methods or AFLs are created by me. I had collected it from various sources.

Regards

Saji

Last edited:
Hello,
Over the years I had collected various AFL Codes from different sources.
So i thought why not post it in the forum itself rather than individual replies.

Saji
Hello Saji,

Good collection of AFL's, friend. Due to time constraint not able to look at them. But will definitely go through them, and let you know.

Best of luck,
Praveen.

Hello,

Thanks Praveen. I do have a very good collection of AFL codes. But since in the begining the response to the thread was vey low i thought members are not interested. Any way i would like to post more AFL if members are finding it useful for learning AFL programming. Feed backs from AFL experts like you on how to modify or improve on it to suit our trading requirements will be invaluable to forum members and me.

Regards

Saji