Amazon kindle

lemondew

Wanted an opinion.

Reading from LCD screen VS reading from kindle.
Is it better from eye strain perspective . Kindle now comes with browsers. So you can go thru traderji from kindle

kindle Vs book (print)
Is it as good as reading from a print.

Last edited:
Wanted an opinion.

Reading from LCD screen VS reading from kindle.
Is it better from eye strain perspective . Kindle now comes with browsers. So you can go thru traderji from kindle

kindle Vs book (print)
Is it as good as reading from a print.
kindle has not doubt many great features and u can save thousands of books in it and mobility is also there. But for avid readers holding the printed hard copy/book has its own charm which kindle cannot replace.

reading from kindle as compare to mobile or tablet is far better in terms of quality and eyes health. if you are going for the kindle with browsers than better buy ipad it will be good option if you are looking for reading purpose thn simple kindle (5k i think is the price) or upper version(10k i think is the pruce) are better option. in fact upper version is better. as with browser one you will drain the battery fast.

regds
s

Shikamaru

What a drag!!!
It may old traditional or our generation is in transition state between
moderate to heavy technology user, So rising of this question in this
time period is very appropriate

Kindle having tons of features and easy to carry anywhere but its also
having disadvantage. Joy and essence of writer can only be realized in
printed book its fit more suitable to novels, literature etc.,

For instance, Joy of searching particular paragraph which make us to recollect
chain of sequence to get that page which rejoice what you had read but Kindle
stork of search key, done, you will landed in exact paragraph.

My vote, Print book which rejoice more even after reading

lemondew

Thanks guys. I read online that kindle doesnt have backlit technology which light the charecters in LED. So you arent looking at light directly so its easier for eyes....

The Light comes sideways plus it has antiglare screen. So I was wondering if browsing traderji and other online articles would be better than reading from LCD screen.

PS : I read a lot of articles from my LcD screen . ie PC. An eyes does gets strained at times
So I was thinking if I can use kindle for the same. You can also download pdfs/docs transfer them to kindle and read from there

Last edited:

dhvl

I used to be in the paper is holy and eink is sacrilege camp until I actually used the Kindle. It's really exactly like reading a book and have no use for physical books now.

The browser though is quite slow and impractical to use with forums and such, what I'd do is convert to PDF from the browser and mail it to the Kindle. There's a Chrome extension called Readability that does exactly this.

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk

lemondew

Just saw a demo on youtube. The browser is below par.... .They have an article mode which can be used for articles online. But clicking and browsing isnt possible

:annoyed:
LCD screen VS kindle -> Kindle any day. Puts less strain on eyes for long reading. Preferably paper white version which has passive back light feature which is definitely worth it.

Kindle VS book -> Book all the way.

Browsing through kindle browser? its a more of fancy feature than everyday usage. Check out how scrolling works in eink display and you will know why.

So not an practical option for traderji surfing on kindle.

Krushna

For instance, Joy of searching particular paragraph which make us to recollect
chain of sequence to get that page which rejoice what you had read but Kindle
stork of search key, done, you will landed in exact paragraph.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

And to add to that in the old school way:

'There is nothing like the smell of books, both new and old. If someone ever bottled the smell, I would be all over it .'
— Tiffany King

niftytaurus

Hi
Intresting topic! Books are always my first Love..Books become part of my life when I learned reading at age of 3..at my 4 or 5 Birthday, one of my aunt gave me a set of 10 small story books as gift..& It started a very bad & good habit of book collection..The book I read, I never wanted to apart from them..so I started collected books..I remember spending every penny of my pocket money on buying books..my parents suggested me to get books from library..but I couldnt explain them as When I read books , I fall in love with them & couldnt get seprate from them..People called it obsession..this continues..Even, I make a deal with my parents, instead, Money & gifts given on birthday, diwali or other festivals, instead buy me books..I was a bit clever child..I knew, I would get books also & my parents would not make me deprived of crackers or other gifts though I make a deal..So I collected lot of books in my childhood& teenage also..& this continues till today..
I make a big library in my home town as house was big & I can allot as many rooms as I want to my books exclusively..But problem came when I Shifted to Mumbai/pune..though I tried to make 1-2 cupbord for them..but Books has been increasing with time..so big problem for storing them ..its creating a conflict with family members..As I cant read on screen..you people must be laughing..as the books which I have PDF..I Dont read them on any kind screen..I need to get them print from some DTP centre..& get them spiral bind & then Only can I read them..
My brain seems cant understandd what written on screen..My brain & eyes only coordinte with each other when they read On paper..Means My brain only articulte when it reads on paper..
I am afraid of day when world becomes paper free books..seeing todays development,it will be coming soon..I also went & tried kindel..I have to also buy kindle..as some books are out of print & they give only kindel editions..
I also think of buying & stocking books which will be not available on kindel in future(especially hindi & regional language literature) ..but how many books can I store & buy..?
When I think of world without books, its scary( for me books are only printed books..I touch them, i smell them, I can taste them..ya bibliofile can taste also the books)...Its like dieing of a very dear friend or closest relative..a death of life time partner..FAREWELL BOOKS..cant say now That we will be meeting in next birth..
I hope Paper & printer will be alive...If kindle allowed, I will make pdf copies & get them printed ..& make printed clones of you & make you alive..
Long LIVE books
Thanks