Algorithm. Here an other way how they are used in today's world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanPickUp

U.S. spy network’s successes, failures and objectives detailed in ‘black budget’ summary

U.S. spy agencies have built an intelligence-gathering colossus since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, but remain unable to provide critical information to the president on a range of national security threats, according to the government’s top-secret budget.

The $52.6 billion “black budget” for fiscal 2013, obtained by The Washington Post from former *intelligence contractor Edward Snowden, maps a bureaucratic and operational landscape that has never been subject to public scrutiny. Although the government has annually released its overall level of intelligence spending since 2007, it has not divulged how it uses the money or how it performs against the goals set by the president and Congress.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/black-budget-summary-details-us-spy-networks-successes-failures-and-objectives/2013/08/29/7e57bb78-10ab-11e3-8cdd-bcdc09410972_story.html

DanPickUp

N.S.A. Able to Foil Basic Safeguards of Privacy on Web

The National Security Agency is winning its long-running secret war on encryption, using supercomputers, technical trickery, court orders and behind-the-scenes persuasion to undermine the major tools protecting the privacy of everyday communications in the Internet age, according to newly disclosed documents.

The agency, according to the documents and interviews with industry officials, deployed custom-built, superfast computers to break codes, and began collaborating with technology companies in the United States and abroad to build entry points into their products. The documents do not identify which companies have participated.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/06/us/nsa-foils-much-internet-encryption.html?hp&_r=1&

DSM

Dan,

I think NSA tapped my computer and got access to the jokes folder. After reading, they had a good laugh over it.

:)

N.S.A. Able to Foil Basic Safeguards of Privacy on Web

The National Security Agency is winning its long-running secret war on encryption, using supercomputers, technical trickery, court orders and behind-the-scenes persuasion to undermine the major tools protecting the privacy of everyday communications in the Internet age, according to newly disclosed documents.

The agency, according to the documents and interviews with industry officials, deployed custom-built, superfast computers to break codes, and began collaborating with technology companies in the United States and abroad to build entry points into their products. The documents do not identify which companies have participated.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/06/us/nsa-foils-much-internet-encryption.html?hp&_r=1&

4candles

Dan,

I think NSA tapped my computer and got access to the jokes folder. After reading, they had a good laugh over it.

DSM

This is Notional Scrutiny Agency

We have tapped into your computer a few days ago. And among many things that
you have on your PC we found one thing that has upset us the most and want to
know the reason why do you have the below pic on your computer?

:cool: . :annoyed: . :cool:

DSM

DanPickUp

Dan,

@DSM

Well, if it was like that, then they surely had a good laugh. But unfortunately it will most likely not be like that. By the way: It is not only them who are spying on what ever they can. Your government does, the Russian do, the Chinese do, the Britain do and so on. The list would be endless.

The whole thread is meant to make people thinking about what they post in the net, specially in social networks. That is the private part of using the net. Here it is very important to protect your self, your family and your friends, so better post less about them instead to show off as much as you can.

The other part is the business part. Also here the meaning of the thread is to make people thinking what they safe on any laptop or system which is used for online trading / work or what so ever, include clouds. Companies any way should have an intern system which is in no way connected to the net and what is connected to the net must be very restricted.

All the above post make very clear, that the only interest those organizations have is to have access to all data about our companies and about us as persons. That is there job and there mission and that is why those organizations are created for. But we have the right to have privacy and we have the right to protect us against any of them. Not because we do bad and need to hid things. No. Because those who do those jobs by spying on others try to hid and protect them from others in what ever way they can and know, so we also have the right to do so.

As it is now very clear that on most systems and so called cryptographic free software are back doors build in, we can use that knowledge to protect our self's in better ways. Those back doors are done in very clever ways and if you read the above post and others, you can some how imagine how clever those back doors are. Even in any update of what ever software you can be compromised with such tools and non of your Malware protection software will even be able to find it. Here a link for those who are interested in more about that: http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/ken/trust.html

Now even if your system is compromised by any Trojans from such organizations, they most likely will not be much interested in you as a person first. They collect data and those data are scanned with there algorithm programs for what ever. (Bank accounts, plans about your new engines, contacts you have and so on. Also here: Endless list which will from time to time change because of what ever reason and priority they have). If then such an algorithm program gives a signal, then the interest in you as a person starts to become real.

To come to an end: Those programs are most likely not interested in your joke folder, it may then is a spy program for an organization which is looking for new jokes. :lol:

Take care / DanPickUp

Here some more infos to think about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsRAvDDXaE0

DSM

Thanks Dan, for taking the time to write. I appreciate your concern, it is a cultural thing as well. I do believe that in the west there is a great emphasis on privacy. Not passing any judgment on it. Here, we are brought up differently. Our friends, relatives and neighbors know much about ourselves as we know about them. Am not for a moment saying it is right or wrong - just stating facts as are.

We unfortunately live in a world that is dangerous - while there is concern for privacy, which is right, but privacy in wrong hands is a tool that anti-social elements, terrorist make use of such laws and use it against the people who want to go about their lives in normal ways. Case in the point - airport searches - frisking is become a part of even going to a supermarket in Mumbai. My supermarket will have a security guard who will pat me all over my body.... In the shopping mall, I have to even open the storage part of my bike for security inspection. At airport, have to even remove shoes and put it in the scanners. In a world where people want to hide explosives in underwear and now in bras - one guy even put it in his a** I think you may already have read about it.

Ofcourse, one can argue that online privacy is different. I don't know how we can calculate how many terror related incidents have been stopped because there was snooping being done.

There are two sides to a coin. In one case we have to give up a part of our privacy for security, or choose between full privacy and no security. I only know one thing - that evil is capable of doing immense harm to decent human beings around the world.... something like all which has happened till now is only tiny scale.

Just sharing my thought with you - this is no argument about who is right or wrong. We see things from different view-point. So NSA guys are welcome from my side to snoop as much as they want to on me - besides jokes and F&O trading ideas, MM, RM, Trading Psychology - they will not get anything else. And frankly am thankful to them for keeping me and my family safe from evil.

Cheers and have a great weekend.

@DSM

Well, if it was like that, then they surely had a good laugh. But unfortunately it will most likely not be like that. By the way: It is not only them who are spying on what ever they can. Your government does, the Russian do, the Chinese do, the Britain do and so on. The list would be endless.

The whole thread is meant to make people thinking about what they post in the net, specially in social networks. That is the private part of using the net. Here it is very important to protect your self, your family and your friends, so better post less about them instead to show off as much as you can.

The other part is the business part. Also here the meaning of the thread is to make people thinking what they safe on any laptop or system which is used for online trading / work or what so ever, include clouds. Companies any way should have an intern system which is in no way connected to the net and what is connected to the net must be very restricted.

All the above post make very clear, that the only interest those organizations have is to have access to all data about our companies and about us as persons. That is there job and there mission and that is why those organizations are created for. But we have the right to have privacy and we have the right to protect us against any of them. Not because we do bad and need to hid things. No. Because those who do those jobs by spying on others try to hid and protect them from others in what ever way they can and know, so we also have the right to do so.

As it is now very clear that on most systems and so called cryptographic free software are back doors build in, we can use that knowledge to protect our self's in better ways. Those back doors are done in very clever ways and if you read the above post and others, you can some how imagine how clever those back doors are. Even in any update of what ever software you can be compromised with such tools and non of your Malware protection software will even be able to find it. Here a link for those who are interested in more about that: http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/ken/trust.html

Now even if your system is compromised by any Trojans from such organizations, they most likely will not be much interested in you as a person first. They collect data and those data are scanned with there algorithm programs for what ever. (Bank accounts, plans about your new engines, contacts you have and so on. Also here: Endless list which will from time to time change because of what ever reason and priority they have). If then such an algorithm program gives a signal, then the interest in you as a person starts to become real.

To come to an end: Those programs are most likely not interested in your joke folder, it may then is a spy program for an organization which is looking for new jokes. :lol:

Take care / DanPickUp

Here some more infos to think about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsRAvDDXaE0

4candles

4C,

I remember reading the below story being told when Bill Clinton was the president. The story is made up, but worth a laugh. I can update it in my joke folder.

Actual facts are here : http://www.snopes.com/politics/humor/whoareyou.asp

DSM

The moment I read "...below story being told when Bill Clinton was the president...."
my imigination ran wild until i clicked on the link.

;) . now I am OK. Phew...

DanPickUp

@DSM

As you say: It surely has also to do with cultural society we live in and the past we had in that society and culture. To say: This is right and this is wrong, depends much on how we value our privacy. We now could start to discuss about the real value of such work those organizations do and surely would not come to the same conclusion in every point. As long as the saved data about any of us is used to its good, not much to say.

The only question I will put on the table and you not have to give an answer to that: Do you know the future? Are you sure that in 20 or 30 or more years all the data about you may not are miss used to force your children's children to do what ever those government then requests to be right or wrong, build on rules what passed people have done. If you can answer that with: No, absolute sure, this will never happen, as all governments at any time in the past and today only did good to there people, then your are allowed to throw the first stone to hit my head.

Take care / DanPickUp

DSM

Dan, I don't know the future. Ofcourse, nobody does. Though I believe my data is of no use to anybody, especially governments - and so I don't mind if they collect it - if it will help to keep me and my family safe. My personal data on my laptop or my communication will help NSA as much so to say an dictionary will be useful for a fish - though a dictionary has a lot of data.

I again understand your line of thinking because in the past Govts. especially in Europe and in communist states have used information against its people. (Not being political here) But to be frank - even if the Govt. did not have the data, they could have had human intelligence and used it against their enemies - as is happening in war torn countries.

In an ideal world, there would be no need for any information, data or intelligence. People would go about their lives doing what they wanted. But I believe the times we live in are something that never was in any past history. One human has the potential to cause evil and destruction on a scale that can only baffle the mind. And again, I say that much of the evil acts of terrorist are stopped - because the Govts. (who I would say are good) fight the evil guys by snooping on them.

It is unfortunate that in the name of freedom, a person who wants to kill hundreds, if not thousands of people who have done his absolutely no harm, gets the same protection from snooping as that of an ordinary citizen who wants to live a decent life and see the welfare of his family.

These are extraordinary times that we live in Dan. Though I imagine the world we live in was like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgYAHHkPFs

@DSM

As you say: It surely has also to do with cultural society we live in and the past we had in that society and culture. To say: This is right and this is wrong, depends much on how we value our privacy. We now could start to discuss about the real value of such work those organizations do and surely would not come to the same conclusion in every point. As long as the saved data about any of us is used to its good, not much to say.

The only question I will put on the table and you not have to give an answer to that: Do you know the future? Are you sure that in 20 or 30 or more years all the data about you may not are miss used to force your children's children to do what ever those government then requests to be right or wrong, build on rules what passed people have done. If you can answer that with: No, absolute sure, this will never happen, as all governments at any time in the past and today only did good to there people, then your are allowed to throw the first stone to hit my head.

Take care / DanPickUp

Status
Not open for further replies.