Algo Trading Course using Amibroker- 20% off

trader21

Yes, Contents listed on the course are both basic and fairly advanced. I do doubt that trainer will cover all of it though in the allotted time. It is more likely that he will cut corners.
No, MasterMind, I meant that the following have already been covered in first 8 sessions:
- Backtesting options strategy by automatically picking option chains
- Coding SuperTrend with just 30 lines in for loop
- Coding complete strategy which include SL + TSL + TGT + Trade Timings + Trend Filters... such strategy can be see on net but they have very lengthy code
- Limitations of Exrem which Amibroker guys do not mention... it is hard to code any practical strategy with exrem
- Even proper pair trading strategy for backtest I have seen for first time

What is remaining to see is the free paper trading system. This is today's screenshot from current batch:

I have been also accused in the past for advertisisng. Why that dormant account since 2010 became active suddenly, is because Trainer solicited reviews earlier through personal interactions. See screenshot below for group message today. Anyways I will stop posting in this thread now...

Last edited:
Dec 2010 dormant accounts suddenly wakes up to post two advert posts ..

There is no need to go for expensive 'courses' of a few hours to learn elementary programming such as looping. Even basic Programming is a bit of a skill and takes time and practice, there are no shortcuts but its not that hard either.

There is enough material and books for programming and afl is similar to c in basic syntax. If someone wants to start, go through some high quality free/paid courses in coursera / udacity etc and then just start writing small projects to learn.

I also doubt that 'algos' can be learnt by programming/math novices in a few sessions and its even less likely that they will be profitable. Maybe they can provide initial direction and AB specific stuff and maybe thats worth it to some people.

There is a very good free trading course here which has a section(10) that covers an introduction to algorithmic trading by someone of much more authority. I have not seen it yet, but i would rather start from there and then pick up his and other relevant math/stats/cs books.
I am a trader from non programming background since 15 years, Use of Amibroker since 14 years.
I don't believe in readymade systems and always try to work out mine own. I cannot invest my money on a strategy I don't understand.

But not able to code my ideas into amibroker properly which always got stuck at looping was a setback to me. Tried going through looping articles, C books, Howard bandy books(which altogether are more expensive than the course and not available online), Live seminars by regular Amibroker Experts , Udemy and other indian very expensive online trainers, even 1 - 1 session with them. But unfortunately could never get hold of it.

I had to rely on someone to code it for me.

When I came across the course on Algoji, the content seemed meaningful and useful but the trainer was unknown.

Found about the trainer from Industry sources, the feedback was positive.

For me, having enrolled in the course have been one of the best decision in recent times. Just after 8 sessions , I am able to code my ideas through Looping and more is yet to come. The trainer has delivered what he wrote.

Trading is my Living. I use licensed Amibroker and genuine data. They are the main raw materials of my business and so is Afl coding. I actually find the course very cheap for what is being offered. Different people will have different worth for it.

The course is not about Technical Analysis , but for Technical traders who use amibroker as a tool and want to automate their trading strategies.

The course is good, When one of my batchmates posted about it, I see no harm in adding to it.

TracerBullet

I have been also accused in the past for advertisisng. Why that dormant account since 2010 became active suddenly, is because Trainer solicited reviews earlier through personal interactions. See screenshot below for group message today. Anyways I will stop posting in this thread now...
But you can clearly see how it looks. Guilible people go through such courses and waste their money.And my reply was in context of someone wanting to learn programming basics, so i gave some alternatives.
Anyway, i have no opinion on the course itself and it may well be very good for some people, there is plenty of breadth. If the course is genuinely good, stick around through(possible invalid) criticism. It will get discarded as thread progresses with feedback ..

TracerBullet

But not able to code my ideas into amibroker properly which always got stuck at looping was a setback to me. Tried going through looping articles, C books, Howard bandy books(which altogether are more expensive than the course and not available online), Live seminars by regular Amibroker Experts , Udemy and other indian very expensive online trainers, even 1 - 1 session with them. But unfortunately could never get hold of it.

I had to rely on someone to code it for me.
For me, having enrolled in the course have been one of the best decision in recent times. Just after 8 sessions , I am able to code my ideas through Looping and more is yet to come. The trainer has delivered what he wrote.
I find that hard to believe, esp the easy fix of taking the course and that everything else was not good enough ... sheesh ..

Everyone is different i suppose, but again i maintain that looping itself is very very elementary part of programming and people should be able to pick it up from a good simple book / Free online source and then by just writing small projects. It might take some time to get a hang of it but its not rocket engineering. Children in School can learn it as well by reading something like 'Let us c' :). But there is much more to coding than just looping ..

Anyway, people are free to choose and for someone who wants hands on teaching for AB specific stuff, maybe its worth it ... No more comments from me in this thread.

travi

I find that hard to believe, esp the easy fix of taking the course and that everything else was not good enough ... sheesh ..

Everyone is different i suppose, but again i maintain that looping itself is very very elementary part of programming and people should be able to pick it up from a good simple book / Free online source and then by just writing small projects. It might take some time to get a hang of it but its not rocket engineering. Children in School can learn it as well by reading something like 'Let us c' :). But there is much more to coding than just looping ..

Anyway, people are free to choose and for someone who wants hands on teaching for AB specific stuff, maybe its worth it ... No more comments from me in this thread.
hehe :D:D
First those who intend to attend the course should know the difference b/w Logic (programming logic) and language (programming) :p

trader21

...but again i maintain that looping itself is very very elementary part of programming and people should be able to pick it up from a good simple book / Free online source and then by just writing small projects. It might take some time to get a hang of it but its not rocket engineering. Children in School can learn it as well by reading something like 'Let us c' :). But there is much more to coding than just looping ..
What he meant was looping for position sizing, coding super trend, pair trading strategies, custom TSL and trade timings.... how many people do you know are able to code it. In afl looping with flags and custom arrays are essential to code any good strategy for intraday atleast (I trade short-term).

he did not mean looping for calculating sum of 1 to 10 :)

TracerBullet

What he meant was looping for position sizing, coding super trend, pair trading strategies, custom TSL and trade timings.... how many people do you know are able to code it. In afl looping with flags and custom arrays are essential to code any good strategy for intraday atleast (I trade short-term).

he did not mean looping for calculating sum of 1 to 10 :)
ok, how you use it is upto you, and using flags/arrays etc are all basic programming knowledge. But developing skill takes time and practice and any short term course can only give initial support. Knowledge vs skill, sadly, is something i only understood after few years of working. An experienced person will be able to take much more from the course depth than a novice. There were a lot of exaggerated statements in his posts and that is why i replied. The tone is of an advert, which does not imply the course is bad but people can be misled.

Anyway, enough of this - good luck.

I alread explained basics of looping to this guy rkmaskara1 http://www.traderji.com/algo-automated-trading/103904-learning-amibroker.html#post1205016 i think its an advertisement troll account. some one is trying to popularize algoji website here in a shady way. Its pointless to explain to this guy(or who ever using this dummy account)

THIS IS FOR THAT ALGOJI MEMBER WHO IS POSTING HERE

I have visited your site Algoji a long time back because of my interest in algo trading but your website dosent have any good content, codes or tutorials regarding the subject especially with free softwares like python. Try to add more good subjects instead of click baits for some stock brokers. If you want to popularize that website try to improve the quality of the content in the website instead of posting in dummy accounts here.

Last edited: