A ver basic question on costs related to trading

Hey all,

I have been following the markets since few months and recently want to start trading. But, before that I am trying to build up an Excel model for myself for which I need to know some points.

One of the things that I want to know is what all sort of costs are related to trading (monetary costs...to be specific) ?

Here is an example of what sort of replies I am expecting -

Brokerage is one of the costs involved. It is charged on the total traded value and is charged on both trades - sell or buy. There are different rates for intra-day and delivery.
All seniors here - please help me with this.

Thanks!

Capricorn

You have already taken care of brokerage and taxes I suppose.

Overheads would include

Electricity.

Computer/s their maintenance costs.

Data feed if you are going to to subscribe to one.

Charting services alternatively.

Internet.

That should be it , if I 've missed anything pls contribute.:)

You have already taken care of brokerage and taxes I suppose.

Overheads would include

Electricity.

Computer/s their maintenance costs.

Data feed if you are going to to subscribe to one.

Charting services alternatively.

Internet.

That should be it , if I 've missed anything pls contribute.:)
Thanks Capri...

but i did not mean to ask such costs, I meant only those costs which are directly involved in the trading.

Anyways, thanks for your contri..

NOMINDTR

Thanks Capri...

but i did not mean to ask such costs, I meant only those costs which are directly involved in the trading.

Anyways, thanks for your contri..
Besides brokerage and taxes, you must be having additions, check a statement from your broker to calculate them, as I know it varies among brokers

Take Care

gsalvadi,

Thanks. But as I mentioned, I am yet to start trading, I do not have any statements, else would have already done that ;)

DO me a favor - check one of your statements (if you trade already) and let me know what all costs are involved