Hi,

I am planning to invest in Mutual funds with following portfolio:

1. HDFC TAX Saver (G) - 18%
2. Sundaram BNP Paribas Tax Saver (G) - 18%
3. Magnum Contra (G) - 22%
4. HDFC Prudence (G) - 12%
5. IDFC Premier Equity (G) - 20%
6. Open Slot - 10%

Slot 6 is open as of now. I was thinking about sector funds like ICICI Prudential Infastructure fund or Relieance diversified Power sector fund. However I am open to include any fund which diversifies the portfolio / help in better composition.
I am planning to continue with the portfolio for 5 -10 years with anual investment of around Rs 1 Lac and the aim is to get an average return of around 20%.

Can someone please validate whether the above listed portfolio can achieve desired returns in current market scenario (2-3 yrs)? I do understand that in the long term I might have to do some adjustment in the portfolio based upon market scenario.

Also which fund should be put in 6th Slot.
I am open to any additon / substraction? Please throw some thoughts.

Class

ICICI Prudential Power Growth - large cap.
ICICI PRudential Dynamic Growth - distribution across mid and large cap.

Both fairly aggressive. I find they track the nifty with maybe has 30% or so to get to the previous high.

You can switch, redeem and repurchase units though online website you have to register with.

I don't do tips/recommendations, this is just for your information, please check out for yourself first.

Hope this helps

Hi,

I am planning to invest in Mutual funds with following portfolio:

1. HDFC TAX Saver (G) - 18%
2. Sundaram BNP Paribas Tax Saver (G) - 18%
3. Magnum Contra (G) - 22%
4. HDFC Prudence (G) - 12%
5. IDFC Premier Equity (G) - 20%
6. Open Slot - 10%

Slot 6 is open as of now. I was thinking about sector funds like ICICI Prudential Infastructure fund or Relieance diversified Power sector fund. However I am open to include any fund which diversifies the portfolio / help in better composition.
I am planning to continue with the portfolio for 5 -10 years with anual investment of around Rs 1 Lac and the aim is to get an average return of around 20%.

Can someone please validate whether the above listed portfolio can achieve desired returns in current market scenario (2-3 yrs)? I do understand that in the long term I might have to do some adjustment in the portfolio based upon market scenario.

Also which fund should be put in 6th Slot.
I am open to any additon / substraction? Please throw some thoughts.
Hello!
My sugesstions are:
1) Too many funds for investment of 1lac/yr. Take only one tax saver say- Sund Taxsaver 35%
2) Hdfc Growth 35%
Magnum Contra 20%
IDFC Prem Equity 10%
As far as balanced fund is concerned; in my view, keep debt investments different from equity, as in FDs/Pure Debt funds.
Happy investing
mr india

Hi,

This is what i got from ET NOW's Investor's Guide Show featuring advice by MF Expert for a 25 year old wanting Aggressive Portfolio...

Reliance Regular Savings Equity - 20% (Aggressive Large Cap)
IDFC Premier Equity Plan A - 20% (Aggressive Large Cap)
Sundaram BNP Paribas S.M.I.L.E. Reg - 20% (Aggressive Small/Mid Cap)
UTI Opportunities-G - 15% (Large Cap)
DBS Chola Opportunities-G - 15% (Aggressive Small/Mid Cap)
DSP BR Short Term - 10% (Debt)

See if this makes sense to you, I am trying to go with this as my profile suits this.