A foolish mistake cost me my one month of salary :(

to day i did a mistake .from the morning i made2.5k in infosys .what my habit is if it have to go out side i compulsary close my positions what ever the price of perticular scrip.but to day i put a limit order at 3040 and i forgot that .i close my system at 1pm.and when i log in again at 2pm.the price is at 2980.and i finally end up my trading day with 350/- loss.......

"ranger123" good for you ...

Although i have found some success in options too .... :thumb:

Thanks all of you for sharing your views on this ..

I have one story to share,

I had decided to buy moil on its listing day as I had done the same on coal india and done well. i placed an order to buy 50 moil shares as the listing price which was around 480. my order got completed fully very soon and I started looking at my net position window. My heart sank after what I saw, the moil price was going down rapidly and my net position stood at -12500 ...

I thought I was in a dream ....

In 10 mins i checked the net position again and it was still further down, I realized it wasn't a dream as I pinched my self, it was a real thing happening.

I was just so furious with my self when I saw the trade book, I had placed order of 500 shares and not 50. My one mistake cost me whole lot of money actually equivalent to my one month salary for which I have to work so hard (I work for 12 hours a day 6 days a week)...

Any way the moral of the story is always double check your order :)

I also discovered how you can lose your huge money so easily and that too legally :D

I calculated, the way I am trading I should recover my money 2 years.
Hmmm this kind of condition happened with me also today.But instead of getting loss i got a huge profit due to my stupid mistake.I tried to buy Bank of baroda @ 995 after arriving of its results but mistakely i sold it without knowing that i have sold it.When i saw that its falling more & more i sold it again @ 980 since i was assumiung that i am in long position of baroda bank.In this way i shorted double of my affording capability without knowing.It closed at 940 today .My broker's auto squaring off facility squared it off @ 943
When i checked my net position in evening OMG OMG OMG .I got big profit instead of loss.Then i checked trade log & activity log,then i understood that this was my mistake which persist for whole day OMG In this way my stupid silly mistake made me good profit.
Moral : Always be positive.Mistakes can make profit also.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cool:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Hmmm this kind of condition happened with me also today.But instead of getting loss i got a huge profit due to my stupid mistake.I tried to buy Bank of baroda @ 995 after arriving of its results but mistakely i sold it without knowing that i have sold it.When i saw that its falling more & more i sold it again @ 980 since i was assumiung that i am in long position of baroda bank.In this way i shorted double of my affording capability without knowing.It closed at 940 today .My broker's auto squaring off facility squared it off @ 943
When i checked my net position in evening OMG OMG OMG .I got big profit instead of loss.Then i checked trade log & activity log,then i understood that this was my mistake which persist for whole day OMG In this way my stupid silly mistake made me good profit.
Moral : Always be positive.Mistakes can make profit also.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cool:

chalo badiya hai puttar, profit hota rahega toh golgappe bhi aate rahenge......:rofl:

Hi....

I was reading interviews in the book 'Millionaire traders'. One of them said 'Take trading VERY SERIOUSLY'.

What we can learn from him is that if these Titans of the game say so means we should take it 'Extremely Seriously'.

Read a lot and practice Discipline. There is a bank of opportunities in the market. Be selective and very choosy for trades, then only you can beat the markets. Without Stop Losses No trader can survive in the markets.

Kamlesh Uttam

Hi....

I was reading interviews in the book 'Millionaire traders'. One of them said 'Take trading VERY SERIOUSLY'.

What we can learn from him is that if these Titans of the game say so means we should take it 'Extremely Seriously'.

Read a lot and practice Discipline. There is a bank of opportunities in the market. Be selective and very choosy for trades, then only you can beat the markets. Without Stop Losses No trader can survive in the markets.

Kamlesh Uttam
but i don't follow stoploss :(