A Complete Trading Guide In Commodity Trading

Hello everybody,

I'm novice to commodities and interested to trade Gold over a timeframe of 3-6 days or max 1 week. I'm totally new to this market.

Can anyone please tell me the profit potential of trading Gold (a demo trade) by just giving a recent chart and showing the entry & exit and hence the calculation of the profit realized - it's just for demo (need not be a real trade performed).

Actually, I'm totally unknown to the lot size of Gold and its volatility - Please also tell me about the 'intra-day' volatility of Gold. Please also tell me how much does one gain/loose when the Gold price moves by 1 point.

Also please let me know about any good & cheap live data feed for gold for MetaStock softwr.

Thanks in advance,

Hi all and ncdx,
I am new in commodity arena. Usually I trade in equity.
this thread seems to be a bible for for all commodity trading newbes like me.
Really great thread.
In my first post in this thread I would like to know from ncdx and all the seniors about 2 points.
1. what is the risk factor in commodity if i trade a min of one lot contract for intra day for a maximum volatile commodity contract? is it more risky than equity future contract?

2. where can i get EOD and IEOD data for the commodity for my charting softwares like Amibroker and Metastock etc.

please reply me.
have a great dewali and New year :)

Thanx for such a nice explanation. can you pl give further information where can one have the intra day as well as historical charts.
hello.
guide is totaly theorical which is of no value. you pl. mention how to make entry and exit in any commodity? to make money . do u know any stretegY ? pl tell

oping

Thank u sir for that excellent tut
what about rollovers ? Is it available ?

and also which broker can give me candlestick charts historical data .