315 Strategy - A complete analysis for Crude oil trading

Eventhough there is some explanation about 315 strategy in other section, There is no sufficient details in the commodity section.

There is more questions behind this strategy.

1. When to enter the trade?

2. How to move the trailing stop loss?

3. How to exit the trade?

4. How to use for intraday?

5. How to use for positional?

6. How to avoid the whipsaws?

7. What filters are required to capture the full trend?

8. Is 315 a good strategy or bad strategy?

9. Can we use this strategy for constant profit every month or not?

10. Why 315 user is not disclosing the wrong trades in traderji?

Still, there is more than 100 questions in a mind. here, we can discuss about one by one on coming days to get the clear picture of 315 strategy and its usage.

Let me explain on coming days. I have detailed backtest for the last four months for intraday and positional also. I will post everything here.

Newbies may use it.

Thanks for all who supports this thread.

Hi,

We are waiting answeres for all the questions. Hope it goes well. Please do not post your trade here. Readers are to be educated with this great strategy and not to see your performance. You can post any chart to show the strategy in general. It will help them to understand. All the best.

Happy Trading.

Dear friends,

This thread is purely for 315 Strategy discussion only.

I will not post my own trades which will not be useful for others.

We can interact here with powerful analysis of the strategy.

Make this thread productive to all newbies and learners by asking more informative questions

Step 1 : AFL Code for Amibroker Users

Already most of the traders know this afl code.

But, For posting the information with orderly manner, i am posting the afl code below:

Code:
_SECTION_BEGIN("MA Cross");

e1=EMA(C,3);
e2=EMA(C,15);

Plot(e1,"",6,1);
Plot(e2,"",4,1);

b1=Cross(e1,e2);
s1=Cross(e2,e1);
Buysetup=Flip(b1,s1);
Shortsetup=Flip(s1,b1);
trend=IIf(BarsSince(Buysetup)<BarsSince(Shortsetup ),1,0);
Col=IIf(trend==1,5,4);
SetBarFillColor(Col);
Plot(C,"Close",Col,64);

_SECTION_END();
Thanks to santhosh2010 for this afl code posted in the another thread

Step 2 : Confirm the image with your afl code

The AFL will shows the below image.

It is very simple to use the chart. There will be red candle and green candle only. Whenever the crossover happnes, The color of the candle will change from green to red (Sell signal), and red to green (Buy Signal)

Step 3 : When to enter the trade?

We should enter the trade on the cross overs only. that means, we should enter the long position if the candle bar changes from red to green.

We should enter the short position if the candle bar changes from green to red.

We don't know which bar will be open next. so we should wait for the candle close for confirmation. if the bar closes with green after red candle, we may take long. if the bar closes with red after green candle, we may take short.

Time frame is 30 minutes candle for intraday trading. To avoid the whipsaws in the formation of the signal candle, we can compare with supertrend indicator which i will discuss in my next post.

and we may also concentrate on how to put stop loss, targets, etc by following this strategy

Hi,

Should we use 315 crossover only? Or is there any better crossover combination.? Bring out if you have any strategy test result. But as such there is no one single best crossover combination. It depends on the market nature and how it moves. Great going.

Happy trading.

Hi,

Should we use 315 crossover only? Or is there any better crossover combination.? Bring out if you have any strategy test result. But as such there is no one single best crossover combination. It depends on the market nature and how it moves. Great going.

Happy trading.
525 Cross over is also best which is used by our traderji member looser89. he is telling, 525 cross over with MACD and RSI comparison is the holy grail for him

Most of the time,

Supertrend 30 minutes shows sell signal. but 315 cross over shows buy signal. but if you wait for supertrend buy signal, after the confirmation, you can take long position in 315 crossover. then, you will be end in profit.

if supertrend 30 minutes does not show the buy signal, 315 crossover creates the whipsaws.

By such comparison, we can avoid whipsaws in the 315 strategy

sparun

Step 3 : When to enter the trade?

We should enter the trade on the cross overs only. that means, we should enter the long position if the candle bar changes from red to green.

We should enter the short position if the candle bar changes from green to red.

We don't know which bar will be open next. so we should wait for the candle close for confirmation. if the bar closes with green after red candle, we may take long. if the bar closes with red after green candle, we may take short.

Time frame is 30 minutes candle for intraday trading. To avoid the whipsaws in the formation of the signal candle, we can compare with supertrend indicator which i will discuss in my next post.

and we may also concentrate on how to put stop loss, targets, etc by following this strategy
for supertrend what is the settings pls post in this thread and also the supertrend afl