2014-Determined to do it

The Monk.

It has been 5 yrs since i started trading with stocks in 2009. From someone who used to buy on the basis of reco from tv analysts and then holding on to them to see it go down and then sell off in frustration, to learning a bit of technical analysis and trading on those calls .

But i must say that even though i learnt quite a few TA tools & strategies in the past 4 yrs since i first got introduced it, it has not made any diffference to the end result (profitability) . Infact i had taken a break from trading since 5 months after taking a huge loss ,which not only wiped out my profit till that date ,but also some of my capital.

This was a decisive incident in my trading career , after which i seriously started thinking of the my chances of succeding as a trader for which i am putting in quite a lot of effort of time .

Infact i was in the verge of quitting altogether , when i decided to give trading one final year ,but this time it my approach will be that of a pro and not amateurish , which i was during all these years or i wouldnt have carried my position into a major event leading to a big loss.

This thread will track my trading activities in 2014, my winners, loosers , opinions etc. Comments on my trades are welcome frm fellow traders.

My intention is that if i manage to make atleast a 20 % return on my starting capital , i will carry on trading or else i will say goodbye to the market and find something else to do.

So lets get started.........

It has been 5 yrs since i started trading with stocks in 2009. From someone who used to buy on the basis of reco from tv analysts and then holding on to them to see it go down and then sell off in frustration, to learning a bit of technical analysis and trading on those calls .

But i must say that even though i learnt quite a few TA tools & strategies in the past 4 yrs since i first got introduced it, it has not made any diffference to the end result (profitability) . Infact i had taken a break from trading since 5 months after taking a huge loss ,which not only wiped out my profit till that date ,but also some of my capital.

This was a decisive incident in my trading career , after which i seriously started thinking of the my chances of succeding as a trader for which i am putting in quite a lot of effort of time .

Infact i was in the verge of quitting altogether , when i decided to give trading one final year ,but this time it my approach will be that of a pro and not amateurish , which i was during all these years or i wouldnt have carried my position into a major event leading to a big loss.

This thread will track my trading activities in 2014, my winners, loosers , opinions etc. Comments on my trades are welcome frm fellow traders.

My intention is that if i manage to make atleast a 20 % return on my starting capital , i will carry on trading or else i will say goodbye to the market and find something else to do.

I started trading at the age of 31...now I am 49 ....My Guru told me one sentence 'DO BEFORE YOU DIE' ... :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

manishchan

All the Best man !! It's good to have Don't Give Up attitude. ;)

TraderRavi

low risk profile

20% in a year ? on how much capital ? sud not be difficult for capital less than 2-3 lakh.
20k on 100k capital => 2k per month.

Its a good thing that you are talking about a return of 20% in a year. That obviously shows , you became a professional from amature.
Please change the heading "do or die" because you or your trials are much smaller and god forbid life is much more than what happens with us in markets.

Goodluck bro, iam pretty sure you will achieve your target.

Taiki

Hey bro,

Sorry to hear about your losses. but take this as an opportunity to know your self better. I dont know what will happen in 2014, Wishing you all the good luck, But one thing I would like to tell you,,

Winners never quit. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

Good luck and Regards :thumb::thumb:
Taiki

kiran_thiru

Hey bro,

Sorry to hear about your losses. but take this as an opportunity to know your self better. I dont know what will happen in 2014, Wishing you all the good luck, But one thing I would like to tell you,,

Winners never quit. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

Good luck and Regards :thumb::thumb:
Taiki
talki bhai kaise ho aap?
:clap::clap::clap:

Taiki