What is Conversations feature?
Conversations are private messages that your exchange with a person (or group of people). Conversations are private which mean only invited members can view or participate in them.
At Traderji, the Conversations has the same look, feel, and function as a thread. In fact, it actually is a thread, one that is only visible by those participating in it. You can do everything you can do in a thread - post links, pictures, videos, quote from posts in the public forum, etc.
You can add people to the Conversation, and if you initiated the Conversation, you can allow others to invite people to the Conversation.
You can find your Conversations by clicking the Inbox link next to your username on the menu bar at the upper right corner of the page.
- Traderji limits maximum 5 people in a conversation.
- All conversations are closely monitored by modulators and administrators.
- Conversation messages cannot be hard-deleted. If members leaves the conversation, the message disappear from the inbox.
How to start a conversation with another member (or members)?
If you want to have a private conversation with another member (or members), you can do it two ways:
- Hover over the Inbox menu at the top right of any page. Click the link that says "Start a Conversation".
- Add participants by typing their usernames - matching names will auto-populate as you type.
- Create a conversation title (subject line) and your message. You'll have access to the same tools as you have when creating posts. You can give conversation participants the ability to invite others, if that's something you want (will be unchecked by default).
From a thread
- Click on a user's name within any thread.
- On the resulting profile pop-up, click on "Start a Conversation".
To follow existing conversations, check your Inbox.
Note: You can change the settings for who can start a Conversation with you by going to your profile and then "Privacy" and scroll down to the "People Who May..." section. You can also ignore certain users when viewing their profiles (as seen above) so they cannot start conversations with you.
How conversation starter alone can have the right to decide who to invite to the conversation?
Use 'Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others' options while creating a new conversation.
How to delete a conversation (private message)?
A conversation (private message) cannot be deleted by the member. If you do not want to see the conversation in you inbox, open the conversation and click on the link 'Leave Conversation'.