Traderji.com - Discussion forum for Stocks Commodities & Forex


Zerodha....

Discuss Zerodha.... at the Brokers & Trading Platforms within the Traderji.com - Discussion forum for Stocks Commodities & Forex; can one withdraw funds on non trading days like saturday etc.?...


Go Back   Traderji.com - Discussion forum for Stocks Commodities & Forex > TOOLS & RESOURCES > Brokers & Trading Platforms

Brokers & Trading Platforms Talk about Brokers and Trading Platforms here.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #2691  
Old 22nd April 2011, 07:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 180
Thanks: 27
Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts
Aman1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Zerodha....

can one withdraw funds on non trading days like saturday etc.?



Sponsored Links
  #2692  
Old 22nd April 2011, 07:09 AM
TraderRavi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Timbaktu
Posts: 10,997
Thanks: 33,631
Thanked 24,982 Times in 8,346 Posts
TraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond repute
TraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zerodha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoch_guy View Post
I have decided 2 try Zerodha but lastly this query.

1. As I am an only option trader, so if I have say just 5K amount in my acc. Am I getting margin of 50K.

2. Short Selling Nifty option, can I short with 5K in acc. as u r providing 50K margin for intra day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie12345 View Post
Hi,
I've read that you provide 1:10 margin for stocks traded in F&O.
Does it apply to Futures segment of the stock as well, or Cash alone?

For example, UCOBANK Futures has a lot size of 2000 and April expiry is at 119 while spot is at 118.85 for today. Margin requirement for one lot is around 37,600. If I have 50,000 in my account, would it mean that I can buy 2 lots of UCOBANK Futures with it?

Also, can I short Stock Futures as well ? I guess I will need to have the required margin to hold it overnight as exposure is only for intraday.

So, what exactly would I get intraday margin funding by Zerodha? Cash or Futures?

Aside, lets say I want to buy VijayaBank or YesBank Futures whose margin requirement is above 55,000 per lot. Assuming I have 30,000 in my account, would I still be able to trade in the respective Futures?

Thanks in advance and sorry to bother you again.
@ stoch_guy

1. No margin for buying options......you can buy options as per your capital only.
2. for short selling options intraday, you should have 7K - 12k depending upon strike price...ATM/ITM/OTM.....etc...

@ newbie12345

1. No margin for stock futures...
2. you can buy/short them intraday for half of the span margin.
3. for holding them you need full margin amount.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TraderRavi For This Useful Post:
sub0me (22nd April 2011), Zerodha (22nd April 2011)
  #2693  
Old 22nd April 2011, 07:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 244
Thanks: 183
Thanked 113 Times in 72 Posts
vijayakishorebabu will become famous soon enoughvijayakishorebabu will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Zerodha....

Hi zerodha,

please see the below link.

http://zerodha.com/main/zerodhapricing.html

What is the meaning of " Alternative brokerage plan of 0.1% for delivery trades and 0.01% for intraday trades are available upon request. Contact us for details."

As per the statement in the above link 200 reliance shares delivery brokerage is Rs.40/- ( buy-20/-+ Sell-20/-). As per alternative brokerage plan it is coming Rs.200/- at the rate of 0.1%.

Please explain in this regard.
  #2694  
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 14
Thanks: 103
Thanked 18 Times in 9 Posts
sub0me is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Zerodha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayakishorebabu View Post
Hi zerodha,

please see the below link.

http://zerodha.com/main/zerodhapricing.html

What is the meaning of " Alternative brokerage plan of 0.1% for delivery trades and 0.01% for intraday trades are available upon request. Contact us for details."

As per the statement in the above link 200 reliance shares delivery brokerage is Rs.40/- ( buy-20/-+ Sell-20/-). As per alternative brokerage plan it is coming Rs.200/- at the rate of 0.1%.

Please explain in this regard.
Plan B:
NSE Cash Market - Intraday=0.01% , Delivery=0.1%
NSE FnO Segment- 20/Trade (Executed Order)

This plan is very helpful for those traders' whose turnover is below 2Lc...
Ask Mr. Sachin or mailing india@zerodha.com, for their brokerage calculator... That will make you understand the scenario better...

Cheers!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to sub0me For This Useful Post:
Zerodha (23rd April 2011)
  #2695  
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 79
Thanks: 236
Thanked 48 Times in 27 Posts
stoch_guy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Zerodha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderRavi View Post
@ stoch_guy

1. No margin for buying options......you can buy options as per your capital only.
2. for short selling options intraday, you should have 7K - 12k depending upon strike price...ATM/ITM/OTM.....etc...

@ newbie12345

1. No margin for stock futures...
2. you can buy/short them intraday for half of the span margin.
3. for holding them you need full margin amount.

Are you sure for SHORT SELLING NIFTY OPTION - ITM, ATM, OTM for intra day is only between 7K - 12K. Please confirm again. As me currently paying 21K around for SHORTING Nifty option.

Please confirm.
The Following User Says Thank You to stoch_guy For This Useful Post:
TraderRavi (22nd April 2011)
  #2696  
Old 22nd April 2011, 02:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 78
Thanks: 16
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Logik is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Zerodha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodha View Post
@Logik...

Our customer support executive was going through the regular steps of isolating the issue and providing a resolution that would work. We do have a lot of customers who place orders through the LBS and none of them have reported issues which haven't been resolved, so you can be assured that you can program your trades on the LBS.

About security and encryption, you should know that NSE has a very strong and secure system. The best in India at least. There is a turnover of over 100,000 crores on a daily basis on NSE and they wouldn't be open for hackers or any internet thieves.
1. about ur CC: look man, i am expressing what i have experienced. the guy was really giving some odd answers, hence was my comment in previous post. anyways, nothing serious. will get back to u later when i got some spare time. or i will better call NSE now support in this matter. let them also understand some end users problems.

2. no doubt NSE got some quality security. but my frnd Firefox is truly a genuine thing. its developed & used by cores of ppl every day. its open source. the warning issued by Firefox need not to be taken lightly.

in the world of internet security, there is no thing like "100% full proof". every thing can be breached. We have seen people from neighbor country breaching into the system of DRDO offices & taking away vital national security information. the information which is worth 10 times 1,00,000 cores. same goes for some chineses kids breaking into the the computers of CIA, white house & many top level US agencies.

the point i am stressing here is: the so called most secured things are the most vulnerable in online world. history indicates so.

i always feel better to be safe than sorry. that's why i thought it will be a good thing to raise the alarm in some form. Never take security issues so lightly. even if they are false positive.

anyways, i hope this will not be the case for Zerodha & we are all secured here.

But hope is very dangerous thing in online world & in stocks trading. (my experience tells me so)

just my 2 cents. nothing personal here.

Last edited by Logik; 22nd April 2011 at 02:16 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logik For This Useful Post:
sub0me (23rd April 2011), Zerodha (22nd April 2011)
  #2697  
Old 22nd April 2011, 02:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 177
Thanks: 3
Thanked 163 Times in 82 Posts
2021 has a spectacular aura about2021 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Zerodha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logik View Post
1. about ur CC: look man, i am expressing what i have experienced. the guy was really giving some odd answers, hence was my comment in previous post. anyways, nothing serious. will get back to u later when i got some spare time. or i will better call NSE now support in this matter. let them also understand some end users problems.

2. no doubt NSE got some quality security. but my frnd Firefox is truly a genuine thing. its developed & used by cores of ppl every day. its open source. the warning issued by Firefox need not to be taken lightly.

in the world of internet security, there is no thing like "100% full proof". every thing can be breached. We have seen people from neighbor country breaching into the system of DRDO offices & taking away vital national security information. the information which is worth 10 times 1,00,000 cores. same goes for some chineses kids breaking into the the computers of CIA, white house & many top level US agencies.

the point i am stressing here is: the so called most secured things are the most vulnerable in online world. history indicates so.

i always feel better to be safe than sorry. that's why i thought it will be a good thing to raise the alarm in some form. Never take security issues so lightly. even if they are false positive.

anyways i am quite sure this will not be the case for Zerodha & we are all secured here.

just my 2 cents.
when i was using rkglobal site this certificate or unsecure thing came many times (ask any and i mean ANY rkglobal user and he'll confirm).

now i anit big techie but once in sbicapsec there was such error too after i formatted my system. what i did was kept my internet security level in i.e. to high from medium-high hence got many false positives.. may be you have high level security in i.e. settings or in your firewall settings.

2ndly i used i.e. site when my a/c was activated but nsenow wasn't and since i'm on limited bandwidth plan i got screwed up badly as spending 3 hours cost me 130+mb on i.e. by afternoon i reliased it and shifted to chrome but it was not working so well so i used i.e. extension and result was only 9mb in 1 hour and 30 odd minutes. what i'm trying to say is instead of using lbs there is better option for fast as well as bandwidth saving to use chrome.

and as i said i aint any techie hence take my answer just as a passer by tells you when your car gets stop, "petrol check karo, khatam ho gaya hoga".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2021 For This Useful Post:
sub0me (23rd April 2011), Zerodha (22nd April 2011)
  #2698  
Old 22nd April 2011, 02:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 177
Thanks: 3
Thanked 163 Times in 82 Posts
2021 has a spectacular aura about2021 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Zerodha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayakishorebabu View Post
Hi zerodha,

please see the below link.

http://zerodha.com/main/zerodhapricing.html

What is the meaning of " Alternative brokerage plan of 0.1% for delivery trades and 0.01% for intraday trades are available upon request. Contact us for details."

As per the statement in the above link 200 reliance shares delivery brokerage is Rs.40/- ( buy-20/-+ Sell-20/-). As per alternative brokerage plan it is coming Rs.200/- at the rate of 0.1%.

Please explain in this regard.
you have option of choosing flat charge of 20 bucks per order OR percentage based brokerage according to your trading style. if you are big trader/investor, choose 20 wala plan, refer my post in page before this post #2703 http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trad...tml#post541888

lets assume you hit a jackpot and you had a percentage based plan so far and you want to put 50 lacs in one go.. that would be 5000 in delivery and 500+500 intraday buying and selling! wait.. call zerodha, ask them to change your plan from percentage to per order wait to confirmation and bingo.. you can save rs 4980 or 960 just by 1 call! and next day you again want to shift to percentage, call them again.. std from mobile costs 50 paisa these days.. it aint that costly for saving some dimes.
  #2699  
Old 22nd April 2011, 02:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,563
Thanks: 191
Thanked 2,205 Times in 922 Posts
sumosanammain has a reputation beyond reputesumosanammain has a reputation beyond reputesumosanammain has a reputation beyond reputesumosanammain has a reputation beyond reputesumosanammain has a reputation beyond reputesumosanammain has a reputation beyond reputesumosanammain has a reputation beyond reputesumosanammain has a reputation beyond reputesumosanammain has a reputation beyond reputesumosanammain has a reputation beyond reputesumosanammain has a reputation beyond reputesumosanammain has a reputation beyond reputesumosanammain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zerodha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021 View Post
you have option of choosing flat charge of 20 bucks per order OR percentage based brokerage according to your trading style. if you are big trader/investor, choose 20 wala plan, refer my post in page before this post #2703 http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trad...tml#post541888

lets assume you hit a jackpot and you had a percentage based plan so far and you want to put 50 lacs in one go.. that would be 5000 in delivery and 500+500 intraday buying and selling! wait.. call zerodha, ask them to change your plan from percentage to per order wait to confirmation and bingo.. you can save rs 4980 or 960 just by 1 call! and next day you again want to shift to percentage, call them again.. std from mobile costs 50 paisa these days.. it aint that costly for saving some dimes.

2021: The last line you mentioned is my line I hold the copyright to this line in this thread at least!. You will hear from my lawyers. When I dont make money in trading, I spend my weekends sueing people. When that doesnt work too, I spend it screwing people
The Following User Says Thank You to sumosanammain For This Useful Post:
TraderRavi (22nd April 2011)
  #2700  
Old 22nd April 2011, 03:13 PM
Zerodha's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,519
Thanks: 2,061
Thanked 7,642 Times in 2,487 Posts
Zerodha has a reputation beyond reputeZerodha has a reputation beyond repute
Zerodha has a reputation beyond reputeZerodha has a reputation beyond reputeZerodha has a reputation beyond reputeZerodha has a reputation beyond reputeZerodha has a reputation beyond reputeZerodha has a reputation beyond reputeZerodha has a reputation beyond reputeZerodha has a reputation beyond reputeZerodha has a reputation beyond reputeZerodha has a reputation beyond reputeZerodha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zerodha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoch_guy View Post
I have decided 2 try Zerodha but lastly this query.

1. As I am an only option trader, so if I have say just 5K amount in my acc. Am I getting margin of 50K.

2. Short Selling Nifty option, can I short with 5K in acc. as u r providing 50K margin for intra day?
50k for option trading??? .... We would have to shut shop in no time at all... ....

1. For buying options you need to have your entire premiums... 10 times margin is for trading intraday stocks...

2. We don't provide 50k for options, For option writing the margin required is 50% of SPAN , with 5k you could probably just short 1 lot of a deep out of the money option....

CHeers...


The Following User Says Thank You to Zerodha For This Useful Post:
stoch_guy (23rd April 2011)
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
bakwaas now, cheapest brokerage, nest, nest plus, new broker, zerodha, zerodha trader


Advertise Here


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:54 PM.

Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice:
By visiting Traderji.com you automatically indicate that you agree to our Forum Rules, Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice and General Content Disclaimer Notice and indemnify Traderji.com, its associates and related parties of all claims howsoever resulting from the usage of the forum/site.
Disclaimer: Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. You are recommended to make appropriate enquiries and seek appropriate advise before sending money, incurring any expenses, acting on recommendations or entering into any commitment in relation to any advertisement published here. Traderji.com does not vouch for any claims made by the advertisers of products and services. Traderji.com will not be held liable for any consequences in the event such claims are not honoured by the advertisers. Traderji.com will not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of any information by anybody mentioned anywhere on this site.
Disclosure: The information in this forum is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.
All names or products mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
General Content Disclaimer Notice:
In light of our policy of encouraging candid, open exchanges of views and the rapid distribution of information originating from many sources, Traderji.com cannot determine the accuracy or legality of any information that may be uploaded to the forum. Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. You rely on such information at your own risk. You are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions. Since Traderji.com is an open and free discussion forum, any comments made by members of this forum in their posts reflect their own views and not of the owner or administrator of Traderji.com. Thus the owner/administrator indemnify themselves of all claims whatsoever and will not be liable or responsible for any members comments/views in this forum Traderji.com. Although we constantly delete all irrelevant content and/or SPAM, if you should find any objectionable or offensive posts made by members of this forum which you would like to bring to our notice for removal then please Contact Us.
 


Copyright © www.Traderji.com 2001 - , All rights reserved.

Recommended Websites - www.TradersEdgeIndia.com - www.TradingPicks.com - www.MasterOfTrading.com

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246